This is a recipe for a deliciously different beef stew made using Old Bay Seasoning. The ingredients are for the most part the standard beef stew items. The difference in this recipe is the seasoning, which is, of course, Old Bay. We love Old Bay Seasoning, and are always seeking new uses.
Old Bay Beef Stew Ingredients
- 1/2 pound beef rib eye steak
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 can mushrooms, stems and pieces
- Fingerling potatoes
To make Old Bay Beef Stew
- Cut the rib eye steak into about 1/2 cubes.
- Place beef in a 3 quart stock pot, and cook until browned.
- Add chopped onion, celery and chopped garlic. Cook 3 – 4 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add chopped red pepper, and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Season with 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning, and cook for 5 – 10 mintues.
- Add 10 – 15 fingerling potatoes (or 1 potato chopped fine).
- Cook, stirring often, for 20 minutes.
- Add canned mushrooms, and cook for another 5 minutes.