Recipe: Cheddar Cheese and Olive Balls
Cheddar Cheese and Olive Ball Ingredients
- 1/4 pound Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 cup flour
- 36-40 stuffed olives, drained
To make Cheddar Cheese and Olive Balls
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grate cheese and allow to soften at room temperature.
- Combine cheese, butter and paprika.
- Mix well into flour by hand until pieces of cheese disappear and mixture is smooth.
- Cover and allow to stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Pinch off small pieces of dough (about 1 teaspoon) and flatten in palm of hand to a circle about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place well-drained olive in center of dough, bringing edges together to cover olive completely.
- Roll gently between palms of hands to make a round ball.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Chill 10 minutes in refrigerator.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown.
- Serve Cheddar Cheese and Olive Balls hot.
Cheddar Cheer and Olive Balls may be made in advance and frozen before baking. Do not thaw. Bake frozen about 30 minutes.