What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indoor Grills

I have one of those two sided grills but my sink is so small it is a pain in the butt to wash. I love the Griddler. It is the first indoor grill I have had that hasnt started peeling off its finish after a few uses. I had like 3-4 other brands before and had to toss them after 6 months.

Jglas, I just wipe my stove top grill off with moist paper towels while it is still hot. In the restaurant with the big grills, I just put some water on them, scraped up the material on the grills and wiped them off. Just like a cast iron skillet. I never put those into a sink either. Just add a bit of water, scrape it clean, wipe with paper towels and then give them a light coat of oil.

I have a George Foreman with the removable plates. Te standard plates work fine and I use it fairly often. I don't much care for the waffle plates though.

Jglas, I just wipe my stove top grill off with moist paper towels while it is still hot. In the restaurant with the big grills, I just put some water on them, scraped up the material on the grills and wiped them off. Just like a cast iron skillet. I never put those into a sink either. Just add a bit of water, scrape it clean, wipe with paper towels and then give them a light coat of oil.

I'll try that next time. Thanks.

Hi,
I'm new to the forum but I must say having used these grills in schools when teaching I have NEVER been inspired to buy one for home because of the cleaning!!! I wish someone would design one with removeable plates for sink or dishwasher or does such a thing exist??

Thanks Mama Mangia for the tip I usually warm up pizza in my toaster oven I will now try it in my sandwich maker I can probably use my waffle maker

I'm a big fan of my toaster oven. Specially in the summer. Good for baking something small without heating up the entire house. It
s even small enougfh to plug in at the outdoor cooking station.

Back