What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

oh well - it's like trying to teach an old dog new tricks -

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
well I started (who knows if I will keep it though) a blog if anyone would like to see it -

it's all new to me - some of it is Greek to me - and it's in the VERY beginning stages -

if I stick with it - I've got a heck of a lot to do - and I have so much to share

if you'd like to see it - send me a PM - I don't think it should be advertised on site

Last edited:
gee thank you - they still need a heck of a lot of work - I hope you enjoy them! and comments are welcomed there! ask or say anything!

Looks great Mama!
I added it to my favorites.

Hopefully it will all come together and look better after I start to post more and get some pictures on there that I've taken. They won't be magazine pics or copies from another site - they'll be mine.

Thank you.

IC - you can open one - won't it work by clicking on the links? I wasn't too pleased with opening one - but I did it for the blogging.

I did open one Mama. It says I don't have permission to read the blog. It's the second site you posted. I see you wrote you haven't done anything with it yet and thought that was why.

The 1st site you have is great. It would be nice though to be able to click on the right and be taken to the type of recipes listed.

Thank you for telling me - and yes I have posted there since. I will have to check that one out. Like I said - it's all greek to me yet - I must have screwed up somewhere! Give me a chance to see if I can open it or wahtever I have to do>>>>>

mama- FANTASTIC! I thoroughly enjoyed checking out BOTH! I did try and leave a post at Cooking at your tater salad/macaroni salad recipes, but I had a wee bit of trouble. Not sure if they were accepted or not.

Then, as I was checking out Kitchen I received a State Farm pop-up telling me access was forbidden. (AGH!) I might have difficulty checking these out here on this work computer. But hopefully within a few weeks I'll have internet at home again... I saved them to My Favs, and have sent links to some friends- I hope that's okay!...

They look fantastic, though. CONGRATULATIONS! Good luck and have a blast! Thanks for sharing! hugz- k. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mama, what great Italian stories-on "The Kitchen" just got done Reading loved it, Cookie :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone -

First of all - IC - I am trying to figure out the recipe category thing myself - but I did notice that if I post tags at the end of the recipes and you click on the tag name (which I am using the recipe category names) they come up - at least the first few did.

I do have AdSense on there and they add ads to the blog - those I just ignore.

Kev - I will check out the post thing - I may have to do something I don't know how to do yet! LOL

Still figuring out what I'm doing -

Thanx everyone!

BTW - yes I will be posting the Amish, etc. recipes.

mama- I took a class in high school called "Advanced Foods". Our teacher- Mrs. Drema Lange made this incredible dessert she called "Amish Baked Apple Pudding". It was like a heavy, dense cinnamony bread pudding w/ chunks of sour apple in it- then a homemade vanilla pudding atop it all, then a nutty brown-sugary streusel on top of that. It was chilled then spooned-up and boy, was it ever good. I have no idea if it was really "Amish" or not, but it didn't matter to me- IT WAS GOOOOOD! :)

I love Amish cooking! I'll dig up my recipe for that apple pudding and post it.

BTW - In order to post a coment on my blog you need to join it - this way I don't have all sorts of creepie characters spamming me on the blogs.
And my tags are called LABELS - and if you click on a label - all the recipes for that label should come up.
Heck - I'm still learning..........

Thank you IC and thank you for the compliment. I did fix the labels on both - now if you click on a label you will see the recipes.
And I started another one - it should be up in a day or two

Last edited:
Back