Jun 22 # 1 of 7
Here are some of the quickest and easiest appetizers I know (on each number is a different recipe). Here they go:
1. Spread thin ham slices with whipped cream cheese. Roll up and chill. Cut into 1 1/4 inch pieces.
2. Spread thin slices of French bread with soft butter. Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese. Heat at 350 degrees until cheese melts.
3. Serve melon balls, pineapple chunks and apple wedges as dippers with sour cream dip.
4. Simmer cocktail sausages, ham or luncheon meat cubes in barbecue sauce. Keep warm in chafing dish or over a warmer.
5. Stuff large mushroom caps with whipped cream cheese blended with bacon and horseradish, chives or onions.
Jul 1 # 2 of 7
baguette slices topped with a slice of roast beef, a slice of bleu cheese, and a piece of lettuce are great.
steamed asparagus with a slice of ham wrapped around it and secured with a toothpick.
tiny biscuits with various fillings. you can make biscuit dough, use tiny cutters, and fill with meats, cheeses, etc. Very cute.
Homemade pita chips look impressive but they're easy.
Jul 1 # 3 of 7
One of my favorites is a block of cream cheese with raspberry-chipotle sauce, served with crackers.
Jul 1 # 4 of 7
Bruschetta looks classy and is so easy to put together. I also love pita chips with humus & black olive tapenade dip.
Jul 1 # 5 of 7
Hot Feta and Artichoke Dip (This is incredibly addicting!)
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 packages (4 oz) crumbled feta cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 jar (2 oz) diced pimentos, drained
1 clove garlic, minced
Combine all ingredients and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or till lightly browned.
Serve with crackers.