Posted By: alice.b.toklas
Jun 22 # 1 of 3
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the eggs, canola oil, milk in another bowl, and stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Gently mix in the blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins that are lined with cupcake liners abount 1/2 way.
- Bake about 20 minutes.
Recipe makes about 24 blueberry muffins.
Jun 22 # 2 of 3
Ooo, blueberry muffins are sucha treat for breakfast. Have you tried it with olive oil as opposed to canola oil? We use olive oil for all oil in our house now.
Jun 22 # 3 of 3
I think you could easily substitute a light olive oil for the canola oil. By light I'm thinking American light, and not the Italian varieties with the stronger flavors. But even the stronger flavored virgin Italian olive oils would probably taste good in the muffins as it's such a small part of the recipe.
But the only real way to tell is to try it and report back.