Jun 16 # 1 of 2
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- canola oil for cooking the crepes
- Place the flour, egg, and egg yolk in a mixing bowl.
- Add about half of the milk and beat until smooth and shiny. Mix in the rest of milk then cover and chill for 1/2 hour.
- Heat a small heavy iron pan, coat the bottom of the pan with a little canola oil, and cover the bottom with a thin layer of the batter.
- Allow to brown, turn over and brown on the other side.
- Cook all of the batter in this manner, and stack one cooked crepe on top of the other, sprinkling a little confectioners sugar between crepes to keep them from sticking.
Roll and fill with preserves. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve with pure maple syrup.
Jun 24 # 2 of 2
I have another crepes recipe:
1 cup flour
2 tbsp melted butter
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tbsp Cognac
Beat eggs slightly and add to the flour. Add salt, and melted butter. Add in enough milk to make a thin batter like heavy cream. Add the Cognac, and strain with a wire mesh strainer into a glass water pitcher. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
To make the Crepes:
Heat an oiled shallow heavy iron pan until water will dance on the top of the surface. Brush the pan with butter, then pour batter into pan and tilt in all directions until entire bottom of pan is covered. Flip the crepe over with a spatula when the bottom is lightly browned. Cook until other side is lightly browned.