Posted By: alice.b.toklas
Jun 15 # 1 of 1
This recipe requires a double boiler because of the cream. You could try making in a non-stick sauce pan if you use care not to allow the cream to scald or scorch.
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 4 tbsp Cognac
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 pint light cream
- Dice and chop the onion and pepper finely.
- Place the crabmeat and Cognac in a heated double boiler and stir until warm.
- Meanwhile, in another small pan saute the onion and pepper for 5 - 7 minutes until the onion becomes translucent. Add the onion and pepper to the double oven and stir in.
- Mix the sugar, chili powder, and flour together in a small bowl. Stir into the crabmeat mix.
- Add the cream to the double boiler. Heat until warm.
- Serve with fresh toasted & buttered whole wheat bread cut diagonally into quarters.
You can use half-and-half instead of light cream. If you want a really rich soup, use heavy cream.