Mar 5  # 1 of 10
Is cornflour the same as cornstarch?
If yes, which one is to be used when?
and also is cornflour white in color or slightly yellowish?
Mar 5  # 2 of 10
From what I can understand from the definition in wikipedia. They are one & the same and are used liberally in puddings. Read below:

Cornstarch, or cornflour, is the starch of the maize grain, commonly known as corn. It is also ground from the endosperm, or white heart, of the corn kernel. It has a distinctive appearance and feel when mixed raw with water or milk, giving easily to gentle pressure but resisting sudden pressure. It is usually included as an anti-caking agent in powdered sugar (10X or confectioner's sugar). For this reason, recipes calling for powdered sugar often call for at least light cooking to remove the raw cornstarch taste.
Mar 5  # 3 of 10
As far as I knew, they aren't the same thing. Corn flour is yellowish and grainy whereas cornstarch is white and a fine powder. I think corn starch is the one used for thickening gravies.
Mar 5  # 4 of 10
foodlover - I think you're thinking of cornmeal, which is used in making corn bread.
Mar 5  # 5 of 10
cornflour and cornstarch are the same thing - cornmeal is made from dried corn kernels - completely different process and product