Mini Summer Rolls with Thai Dipping Sauce
These are so good and they look really impressive to serve as little appetizers.
- 24 rice-paper rounds or rounded triangles, roughly 20 cm (8'') across (make sure you have more in case one or two tears)
- 100 g (3 oz) rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 C shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- salt, vegetable oil, peanut oil
- two handfuls of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- two handfuls of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 100 g (3 oz) shrimp, cooked
- 1/3 C peanuts, finely chopped
Thai dipping sauce:
- 3 Tbsp Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp chili sauce
(Serves four; 6 mini-rolls per guest.)
I always wondered how they made these things. LOL My husband loves them. I'll have to make them for him sometime.
Oh, Worker Bee,
This is one of our favorite meals and I make it periodically---bean sprouts and fresh mint is also a great addition. You're making me hungry now. Vietnames is probably our top fav of all cuisines and so healthy.