Nov 30  # 1 of 4
Does anybody have a recipe for these? I heard you can make them quick with instant mashed potatoes. Let me know if you have a recipe for them thanks!
Nov 30  # 2 of 4
Here's mine.

POTATO CAKES
4 c. left over mashed potatoes
2 T. milk
2 eggs, beaten
salt & pepper
onion flakes, optional

Mix all ingredients together. Form into patties. Fry with butter or oil in a hot skillet. Brown on one side & turn with a spatula. Brown other side well.
Dec 2  # 3 of 4
DEPRESSION MASHED POTATOES BAKED

Using 2 c. of leftover mashed potatoes, add 2 T. butter, 2 eggs and 1 c. milk, salt and pepper. Mix well, bake in a casserole in hot oven until browned.
Dec 4  # 4 of 4
Quote medako wrote:
Here's mine.

POTATO CAKES
4 c. left over mashed potatoes
2 T. milk
2 eggs, beaten
salt & pepper
onion flakes, optional

Mix all ingredients together. Form into patties. Fry with butter or oil in a hot skillet. Brown on one side & turn with a spatula. Brown other side well.

I was going to post this, but you beat me to it Medako. This is how my mom makes her mashed potato pancakes. At least that's what she calls them, I've always just called them potato cakes. Now that I think about it, its been awhile since I've had them, I might just make some for lunch tomorrow. I've got enough instant mashed potatoes, my brother & his wife gave me 2 bags of the government rationed mashed potatoes & I still have a bag & a half. We don't eat mashed potatoes often enough, I guess.