Mar 8  # 1 of 4
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I was just thinking of making some kind of appetizer with refrigerated crescent rolls and canned chicken breast. I'm trying to decide on some ingredients to mix with the chicken ....maybe mayo or cream cheese, or perhaps something with bacon and cheddar cheese, or even something on the spicey side. got any ideas?

Thanks,
Jerri
Mar 8  # 2 of 4
Hi jerri and welcome!

Here's a few ideas -

Florentine Chicken Ring

1 can (10 oz.) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 pkg (10 oz.) frozen chop spinach, thawed & well drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. lemon zest
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg - optional
2 pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls

Flake chicken. Add chopped bell pepper, spinach, cheese and mayo, lemon zest, salt and nutmeg. I also added a small onion chopped, along with some fresh garlic. I didn't have a lemon so I didn't do the zest and the nutmeg was upstairs and I was downstairs, so I didn't add that either. Oh, and I don't salt much of anything. So I didn't salt it. Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle with wide ends overlapping in the center and points toward the outside. Scoop chicken mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Bring outside points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center. Filling WILL NOT be completely covered. Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 20-25 min. or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.

Jalapeno Chicken Crescent Pinwheels

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2-3 tablespoons finely chopped sliced jalapeno chiles
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (2 medium)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls

Heat oven to 375°F In small bowl, mix all ingredients except dough until well combined; set aside.
Unroll dough; separate into 2 long rectangles. Place 1 rectangle on long cutting board; press perforations to seal. Spread half of cream cheese mixture on dough rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges.
Starting with one long side, roll up rectangle; press seam to seal. Cut roll into 16
slices; place slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough rectangle.
Bake at 375°F for 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.

CHICKEN ROLL UPS

2-8 count tubes crescent rolls
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. margarine, softened
1/4 c. milk
2 stalks chopped celery
2 T. chopped onion
4-5 chicken breast fillets, cooked and chopped
10 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1/2 soup can milk

Separate cresent roll dough into 8 rectangles. Beat cream cheese, margarine, and 1/4 cup. milk in mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in celery, onion, and chicken. Spread cream cheese mixture on each rectangle; roll to enclose filling. Place on non-stick baking sheet. Bake at 350* F. for 18 to 20 minutes or until brown. Mix together soup and half soup can of milk and warm. Spoon soup over baked roll-ups.

Chicken Squares

1 3oz. Pkg. softened cream cheese
3 tbsp. Melted butter
2 cups Pre-cooked grilled chicken, cubed
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Pepper
1 can Refrigerated crescent rolls
2 tbsp. milk
1 tbsp. dried chives
3/4 cup Crushed seasoned croutons

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend cream cheese, 2 tbsp. melted margarine, milk, chives and salt and pepper until smooth. Then add cubed chicken, mix well.

2. Separate rolls into four rectangles and seal perforations. Spoon chicken mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull the four corners of dough to center of mixture and seal. Brush tops with remaining margarine and sprinkle on crushed croutons. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Crescent Cordon Bleu

1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked ham
1 (6-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms or 1 cup fresh, sliced
4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
2 (8-ounce) cans crescent dinner rolls
1 egg, beaten
Sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a cookie sheet with vegetable cooking spray.

In a bowl, combine chicken, ham, mushrooms and Swiss cheese.

Unroll dinner rolls, and separate each package into 4 rectangles, pressing perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture into center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to center; twist slightly. Seal edges. Place on cookie sheet. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Bake for 18 to 24 minutes until golden brown.

Makes 8 servings.

Crescent Bites

3 oz. cream cheese, softened
6 slices bacon,cooked crisp and crumbled
1 green onion,thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
8 oz. package crescent rolls

Mix cream cheese,bacon,onion and Worcestershire sauce together-stirring until mixed. Seperate rolls into triangles and cut each in half lengthwise. Spread 1 teaspoon of cheese mixture on each. Roll up starting at shortest side. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

makes 16
Mar 8  # 3 of 4
Crunchy Nacho Dogs

8 ounce can refrigerated crescent roll dough
4 slices American cheese
4 hot dogs
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 cup crushed nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
Separate crescent roll dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press
perforations to seal. Place cheese slices on rectangles.
Place hot dog in center of each. Fold short sides of dough
over hot dogs; roll up each. Press edges to seal. Brush rolls
with milk and roll in crushed chips. Place rolls, seam side
down, on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or
until golden brown.

ITALIAN TRIANGLES

2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon oregano
3 whole green onions, chopped
1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, cheese, garlic powder, basil,
oregano and green onions until evenly mixed.

Separate crescent rolls and lay flat on a cookie sheet. Spread
mixture evenly over each piece. Bake until golden brown, 12 to 17
minutes. Cool for a few minutes and then cut into 2-inch triangles.

Serve immediately.

Makes 35 to 40 servings.

TACO CRESCENTS

3/4 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. minced onion
1 pkg. (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning mix
1 can (2 1/4 oz.) minced ripe olives, drained
2 eggs, well beaten
2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 c. grated Cheddar cheese

Brown meat and onion; drain. Add seasoning mix; mix thoroughly. Add olives; set aside. When cool, mix in eggs. Remove rolls from tube; separate into triangles. Place some Cheddar cheese on each; spread about 1 1/2 T. beef mixture on top; roll and shape into crescents. Place on baking sheets; bake in preheated 375* F. oven 15 minutes, or until golden.

Parmesan Sausage Rolls

2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
16 cooked sausage links, cut in half
¼ cup milk
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

Sauce:

1 cup sour cream
¼ cup Dijon mustard

Combine sour cream and Dijon mustard. Set aside in refrigerator.

Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).

Separate dough into 16 triangles. Cut each in half lengthwise to make 32 small triangles.

Sprinkle 1 tsp Parmesan cheese on each. Place a sausage half on the shortest side of each triangle and roll up. Place on greased baking sheet; brush with milk and sprinkle with 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese.

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with sour cream Dijon sauce.

Makes 32 appetizers.
Mar 27  # 4 of 4
We made somthing like this also. But used small chicken tenders. Seasoned it with italian seasoning and garlic and fried in oil. Then rolled into crescent rolls with provolone cheese. After baking then dip it into a yummy pizza sauce. Kind of gives you a hit of a mini calzone. I think you could go crazy with this idea.