1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce
2 teaspoons liquid margarine
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
salt
blue cheese dressing
celery (to garnish)

Preheat the oven to 325F. Place the wonton wrappers on a work surface and brush lightly with the oil. Mold the wontons, oiled-side up, into the bottoms of miniature (1-inch) muffin tins.

Bake until light brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool slightly and remove from the muffin tins. Cool on a wire rack. Place on a baking sheet and cover tightly with plastic wrap until ready to assemble.

Cook the chicken at a simmer until cooked through, about 12 minutes. Cool the chicken slightly, then finely chop and shred with a fork. Season with a little salt.

In a medium bowl mix together the Hot Sauce, liquid margarine, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Add the chicken and mix well. Refrigerate until slightly chilled.

To assemble: Place 1 heaping teaspoon of the chicken mixture in each wonton cup and garnish with bleu cheese dressing and crunchy celery sticks for dipping. Serve at room temperature.
May 17  # 2 of 8
I think this would be an excellent recipe to use canned chicken, which is already cooked, whether home-canned or commercial.
May 17  # 3 of 8
I used leftover chicken that was frozen and thawed - it was a time-saver for me - plus I got to use up leftovers.
May 27  # 4 of 8
Thanks for sharing the recipe.
May 27  # 5 of 8
"Margarine" One molecule off from being plastic, lol. Mmmmmm, butter.