Dec 22  # 1 of 9
Roti Canai is a popular Malaysian appetiser usually eaten with curry.

Ingredients:

• 10 oz Plain flour
• 1/2 Cup water
• 1/2 Cup ghee
• Salt to taste

Method:
1. Sieve flour and salt into a bowl
2. Add ghee and water and knead till the dough smooth.
3. Let the dough rest for about 2 to 3 hours to soften.
4. Make small balls from the dough, oil the work top with ghee and work each ball into a very thin sheet.
5. First flatten with oiled palms, now thin it again by pulling the edges.
6. Sprinkle the dough sheet with 1 tsp ghee and fold in edges, shape it into a square.
7. Now sprinkle a little flour and roll out slightly.
8. Preheat the griddle or pan, grease it well with ghee.
9. When hot, put roti (bread) on, cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown.
10. Lift roti with a spatula, grease the griddle with ghee, and cook the other side.
11. Roti Canai is ready to serve.
Dec 23  # 2 of 9
Nice recipe, I think that is it almost the same food for Indians. Procedure and recipe is almost the same too! In Indians they called it Siapati or Paruta. :)
Here's some of the pictures of your recipe.

Google Image Result for http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dwNCCLhypao/S76ALwaxenI/AAAAAAAAAMU/IuQ2aQfCcOI/s1600/roti_canai.jpg
Dec 24  # 3 of 9
You're right.. this recipe was brought to Malaysia by the Indians long long time ago and now it becomes the most popular appetizer in Malaysia, especially among the Indians in Malaysia. Now we don't call it Indian food but Malaysian Food..:) Thank you for your info and sharing
Dec 28  # 4 of 9
I miss them eating it too! Do you have the recipe for the Indian curry sauce? Thanks!!!
Jan 3  # 5 of 9
You can try Bengal Chicken Curry Recipe in my blog. Check out with my blog address at my profile...