What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enhanced Chili-o

T

tondo

While I love French's Chili-O cooked according to the package directions, it's even better if you `soup' it up a little bit.

I start my Chili-O by slicing & dicing up half a medium onion (about 1/2 cup), and finely chopped clove of garlic. Cook those two items in a pan over medium heat with a little olive oil until limp [about 5 minutes]. Then add the beef, and cook according to the package directions. I also like to substitute canned diced tomatoes in place of the tomato sauce called for on the container.

Last edited:
You really must try the chili-o (without the beans) on hot dogs. The Chili-O makes the best Chili Dogs that I have ever had. You can also add chopped onions & cheese on top of the chili dog.

alice.b.toklas said:
The Chili-O makes the best Chili Dogs that I have ever had.
And if you can find the New England Style hot dog rolls (which are cooked touching together and then sliced top to bottom) you have a real dog. We enjoy ours with a little bit of Cheeze Whiz on top too. Yes -- Cheese Whiz -- it's really good on Chili dogs. :>

I agree with Tondo. Chili-o is great all buy itself. Although there's nothing wrong with adding to it's flavor, it is simply the best chili mix I've ever had. Too bad it's so hard to find in grocery stores. Ours stopped carrying it and I had to turn to the internet to find a source for it.

Back