What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

snakes released in theater for real!

P

peacherina

Ok remember I saw the movie Snakes on a plane. Well on the news they said that someone released snakes in a theater in arizona as a prank. I copied and pasted the article from online. :

Rattlers freed in "Snakes on a Plane" theater prank
Reuters

August 22, 2006

There were kids at the show, and it was actually very reckless PHOENIX (Reuters) - Life imitating art is all very well. Unless, that is, it's a movie about deadly snakes on the rampage.

Movie chain AMC Entertainment Inc. said pranksters at one of its Phoenix theaters released two live diamondback rattlesnakes during a showing of the film "Snakes on a Plane" last Friday. No one was injured.

AMC spokeswoman Melanie Bell said, "One was found in the parking lot during the show, and the other in the movie theater. They were both removed, and no one was harmed."

The snakes were later released in the desert.

Bell had no further details.

The movie stars Samuel L. Jackson, and spins a yarn about a crate-load of escaped snakes that run amok on an airline flight, attacking passengers and crew.

"There were kids at the show, and it was actually very reckless," Russ Johnson, the president of the Phoenix Herpetological Society told Reuters.

"The snakes' bite carries a powerful venom that could have seriously injured someone," he added.

It's amazing what people will do for attention. They obviously don't think about what they are doing.

Oh my goodness that's crazy! I wonder where they got the snakes from to begin with?

Oh my goodness this is terrible. I just don't understand how anyone could do something like this and think that it is funny. I would have had a heart attack right then and there.

That is HORRIBLE. I displays a lack to reguard for human life. I hope they cought the people who let them lose there.

Am I wierd or what-----but why do I feel sorry for the snakes?????? They didn't ask for this intrusion into their lives----SHAME on those perverts who let them loose like that--I bet they were just as terrified as the people who encountered them!!!!!!!!!

Yea, on the news they said it was a deliberate prank. I think it is sick. I means somebody could have gotten hurt you know.

It's totally uncalled for!

I know that the AMC theaters allow people to dress up like Freddy during the Freddy movies, and wear masks like in Scary Movie, also they have dressed like Jason, etc. Sure - you want to laugh it off - but there are so many sick people out there that you don't know who they are and what they are up to. Some jerk dressed like Jason with this huge machette in his hand and walked the whole theater during the movie. Many of us were too busy keeping an eye on him and never got to see the movie itself. We ended up walking out almost half-way through. We just were not comfortable with that. And AMC should not allow that to go on - not with the sickos out there these days. I haven't been to an AMC theater since.

OMG I can't beleive what some people will how terrible I hate snakes I would have died right then and there.

We had so many in our yard this year, it was ridiculous! What's funny is, the smaller snakes scare me way more than the huge ones.

Back