What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corn in coco cream (snack)

C

clara

Ingredients :

2 c. of shredded white corn kernels or yellow corn kernels. (To do this, peel the corn and remove all the “hair”. Hold the cob upright and cut off the kernels with a sharp knife. Scrape the remaining portions of the corn kernels to get the cream and juices.)

1 c. of glutinous rice
2 c. of coconut cream
sugar to taste
a pinch of salt
water

Cooking procedure :

Simmer the shredded corn with just enough water to cover for about an hour. Add 3 c. of water and and bring to a soft boil. Add the washed glutinous rice with a pinch of salt. Simmer, covered, until the rice is fully cooked (the grains should be puffed). Pour in the coconut cream and add enough sugar to suit your taste. Bring to a soft boil, lower the heat, simmer uncovered while stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes.

Serve hot. Alternatively, cool and refrigerate, and serve as a cold dessert.

www.pinoycook.net

Hmmm...That looks interesting. I'll have to try it & see if I like it. :) It definately looks like something I'm willing to try though.

Sound like something I might try if someone else made it I hate to make stuff if I don't like it

Back