What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many of you raises a garden

do you have a garden?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

barbiedoll1973_tn

I was raised up with my family in Tennessee and we always had a garden every year. It saves so much money and the food taste so much better.
by the way since I am now grown I do not have a garden ( shame on me)

How many of you have a garden?

We don't currently have one, but there are some wild strawberry plants in our yard :).

Wish I could. It is TOOO hot here in texas to have a garden.

We have a veggie garden. Of the 14 years we've lived here we've only taken a hiatus from gardening for one season. The last several years my gardens have not grown as well as they used to. I moved it this year because I thought I'd try a new spot. It was an extremely hot summer so again, it wasn't one of the best yields I've had (or will have). My Romas did not like the heat nor did my Black Russian tomatoes. Next year I hope to do raised beds with "strawberry fields forever". :)

We not me exacly my husband has a small vegie garden just ome tomatoes squash beans and his favorite Hot peppers

I've had problems with tomatos, too, and my brother-in-law, who has always had a great garden has had trouble the last 2 years----we live in Texas so I really don't know what is going on. I know that the heat hasn't helped. I've had better luck with habanero peppers and herbs and of course nothing kills mint.

I have tried this, but I don't have the time and/or patience to keep it up as regularly as I need to. If I let it go more than a week without upkeep, the weeds take over. I really like eating veggies that we grow, but so far it has turned out to be more work than we can do.

I have a garden but have trouble with groundhogs beating me to the crop. I've done a lot of things to keep them out. But they're hungry, and know where the dinner is. It's taken a few years of my fencing them off, and I think I've won.

Old Bay---

Would you believe that my daughter had one of those critters for a pet???She called him Mercutio (spelling is butchered I'm sure) after a Shakespearian character but we called him Damian behind his back because he was the devil incarnate---all of us were afraid of him because he had inflicted vicious bites on both my husband and myself. He only was nice to our daughter. I know that had we been in a garden battle with him we would have lost. ha! The funniest story ever was the night that my 18 year old son fell asleep on the couch and woke up to find "Damian" (who had escaped his cage) inches away from you know what and the horrific scream that roared through the house afterword. Luckily, our son and his manhood remained intact, and the screaming scared off "Damian" who was coaxed back into his cage. Alas, Damian, went to that great big burrow in the sky-------tried hard as I could to squeeze out some tears, but the lemon juice just wasn't working.

Old Bay---

Would you believe that my daughter had one of those critters for a pet???She called him Mercutio (spelling is butchered I'm sure) after a Shakespearian character but we called him Damian behind his back because he was the devil incarnate---all of us were afraid of him because he had inflicted vicious bites on both my husband and myself. He only was nice to our daughter. I know that had we been in a garden battle with him we would have lost. ha! The funniest story ever was the night that my 18 year old son fell asleep on the couch and woke up to find "Damian" (who had escaped his cage) inches away from you know what and the horrific scream that roared through the house afterword. Luckily, our son and his manhood remained intact, and the screaming scared off "Damian" who was coaxed back into his cage. Alas, Damian, went to that great big burrow in the sky-------tried hard as I could to squeeze out some tears, but the lemon juice just wasn't working.

Oh my gosh that is so neat that your daughter had one for a pet I wish that I could have seen it.

I would love to have one. But we live in a mobile home park & the yard is only so big. We really don't have room for one right now. I'm hoping that in not too long, we will be moving to a bigger place. When we have the space, we will definately have a garden. My dad has always had a really big garden. I miss having one.

I tried to grow zucchini and green beans this year, along with some herbs. I got about a handful of green beans before the drought killed all my plants. BOOO!

I couldn't imagine having a groundhog (aka woodchuck) as a pet. Their not very friendly, and always run off. Unlike a squirrel that will take a peanut from your hand.

My garden is very fenced in, and I even placed angles of metal fencing against the bottom of the fence to keep the groundhogs from digging under the fence. They found another way in.

I couldn't imagine having a groundhog (aka woodchuck) as a pet. Their not very friendly, and always run off. Unlike a squirrel that will take a peanut from your hand.

My garden is very fenced in, and I even placed angles of metal fencing against the bottom of the fence to keep the groundhogs from digging under the fence. They found another way in.

LOL, Old Bay!! Haaaaaaaaaaa! Understatement!!! For some reason Mercutio the groundhog (aka as Devil Incarnate, Damian, and Freddie Krueger with incisors) thought of my daughter as a member of his burrow and was very protective of her and loved her (why am I thinking of an old black and white Frankenstein movie??)-----I guess the rest of us were the big, bad humans. After witnessing the number of times he got out of his high security cage I can see why his cousins were able to bypass your security system---you didn't have a chance!!!!!! Hope that you aren't still having problems!

Back