What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much is gas where you live?

B

barbiedoll1973_tn

I live in Indiana. Today when I was out and about I noticed that gas was 2.69 a gal. it has went down from last weekend it was 2.89 a gal then.

How much is gas where you live?

Here in central Maryland it's $2.89 now. We also have a $0.37 a gallon tax to keep the roads in good shape so that should be taken in account.

$2.98 is the lowest it is in my area, but that's a lot better than it was a few weeks ago!

Here in western Canada it's $1.11 per litre (there are 4.5 litres per gallon). So it's almost twice as expensive than yours in the US. That's why so many people fill their tank before crossing the border. Road trips cost a small fortune these days. :(

I believe it is 2.79 where I live in Texas. A litte better. I remeber when I started driving 10 years ago it was at .99 cents. Those were the days!!!

$2.84 when I filled up a few days ago----this is Houston-----cheaper by almost 20 cents a gallon if you live in Corpus Christi--dont' ask me why----wow---Worker Bee that is certainly expensive gas that goes in your vehicles, eh???

Here in western Canada it's $1.11 per litre (there are 4.5 litres per gallon). So it's almost twice as expensive than yours in the US. That's why so many people fill their tank before crossing the border. Road trips cost a small fortune these days. :(

Oh my goodness that is terrible and here I thought that we had it bad come to find it out we have it really good compared to what you all have to pay.

I'm vacationing in Florida right now and I notice that it's 5 to 10 cents a gallon less than at home in Texas.

We were up to $3.07 a gallon 2 weeks ago. The current price has come down to $2.89 at Costco but $2.99 at most other gas stations.

I saw it for $2.77 yesterday (Frederick, Maryland). Sells for about the same in Baltimore. It costs $0.20 a gallon more closer to Washington DC.

Oddly, on the coast it sells for even less, and just guessing from past experience, it's say it's selling for $2.65 in Cambridge, Salisbury, and Ocean City, MD. They get the fuel from Norfolk, VA by barge, and so the pricing difference has to do with different suppliers. Our fuel comes up from Louisiana on the famous Colonial pipeline that was knocked out for a few days last year by the hurricanes.

That's because Canada doesn't have the US Trucking lobby fighting any increase in gasoline taxes. They are very effective here and work at both the national and state level with equal skill and adriotness. This lobby is so effective, that it looks like most states are considering toll roads as ways to build and repair roadways, and Lexus Lanes where the rich can pay a toll to get out of traffic and speed by us commoners in the free lanes.

Personally, I would rather have higher gasoline taxes to take care of infrastucture. Tolls are cheaper for the truckers, and way more expensive for local drivers. And once the money from tolls starts flowing in, it's very hard to stop after the works is paid for and they just keep on charging the tolls. The only place I know that they stopped charging tolls is on I-95 in Richmond, VA.

Here in the Philippines it's 35pesos or 0.69 USD per liter I think. Not sure about the coco bio-diesel price tho, but I believe it is much lower.

Yesterday I saw some for $2.79 per gallon and got all excited. Pathetic that I thought that was a low price; I remember when it was well under a dollar a gallon.

:mad:

Gas is really dropping here. Was $2.75 yesterday and an amazing $2.69 today. I'm starting to fear that hell is freezing over. *laughs*

Back