What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pseudo-Shake'N Bake

W

Worker Bee

4 1/2 cups fine dried bread crumbs

3/4 cup dried parsley

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup dried basil

2 Tbsp each paprika, onion powder, dried thyme, rosemary and oregano

2 tsp each salt, pepper and garlic powder

In airtight container, combine crumbs, parsley, flour, basil, paprika, onion powder, thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir well before using. Makes about 6 cups (1.5 L).

For anyone who likes fried chicken, this flavorful Italian blend of herbs is a great low-fat alternative. It's also tasty on pork chops.

4 1/2 cups fine dried bread crumbs

3/4 cup dried parsley

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup dried basil

2 Tbsp each paprika, onion powder, dried thyme, rosemary and oregano

2 tsp each salt, pepper and garlic powder

In airtight container, combine crumbs, parsley, flour, basil, paprika, onion powder, thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir well before using. Makes about 6 cups (1.5 L).

For anyone who likes fried chicken, this flavorful Italian blend of herbs is a great low-fat alternative. It's also tasty on pork chops.

Thanks Worker Bee---I live overseas so this will be great to have on hand as we can't get many American products over here and if we do they cost you your first born child. Ha!

This is a great recipe, thank you.

I often make my own bread crumbs by saving the heels of loaves of bread (which my husband won't eat) and letting them dry till they are stale, then putting them in the food processor. Lots fresher than store bought bread crumbs.

You're welcome Texas Rose and expatgirl. Glad it will come in handy. :) I usualy save the "heels" and dry them out too, Texas Rose. "Waste not want not". :) It realy is superior to the store bought bread crumbs.

Back