What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite cookbooks?

B

ButterSticks

What are your favorite cookbooks that you use a lot? My old 'Betty Crocker Cookbook' and my 'Good Housekeeping CookBook' are the ones I refer to more than any others as the recipes are usually simple and don't require too many exotic ingredients!
What about everyone else?

What are your favorite cookbooks that you use a lot? My old 'Betty Crocker Cookbook' and my 'Good Housekeeping CookBook' are the ones I refer to more than any others as the recipes are usually simple and don't require too many exotic ingredients!
What about everyone else?

My daughter has lost my favorite cookbook I bet that she took it to school and who knows from there but I can't remeber what it was called but I have search this house up and down for it and it is no where to be found I am still very angry over this.

I don't really have a REAL cookbook. If I need a recipe I generally go searching on the internet. I also won a CD full of recipes a few weeks ago on a gaming site.

my neighbour while I was growing up used to run a thrice weekly cooking class which my mother used to attend. she had made this notebook full of recipes - hors de vours, main courses, entrees, desserts, break fast foods, snacks, the works. Unfortunately my mom has mis-placed it in one of her many suitcases and stuffed it somewhere in her storage. I guess I'll retrieve that once they move to my city sometime next year.

My mom used to have the old, huge hardback version of Joy of Cooking. I think she got it when she first moved out of her parents' house in the late 70s or early 80s. That was my favorite cookbook for a long time. She bought me the divided paperback version, both books thankfully, for Christmas when I was 13; but they didn't seem the same to me. Unfortunately, Mom lost her cookbook in a move somewhere between when I was 12 and 15, so I can't go steal it. Drat!

Back