What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saffron Lobster Salad on Grilled Fingerlings

B

ButterSticks

Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
See this recipe on air Friday Mar. 10 at 11:30 AM ET/PT.
(it was on this afternoon too)

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Yield: 6 appetizer servings
User Rating: 5 Stars

1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 large pinch saffron threads
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup best-quality mayonnaise
2 cloves finely chopped garlic
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 cups diced cooked lobster meat (see Cook's Note below)
1 large stalk celery, finely diced
1/2 small red onion, finely diced
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
12 fingerling potatoes, par-boiled and sliced in half lengthwise
3 tablespoons canola oil

Cook's Note: Use the leftover lobster meat from the whole lobsters that were cooked in the Grilled Lobster Tails with Green Curry-Mango Dipping Sauce recipe.

Add vinegar, saffron, and honey to a small skillet and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Turn off the heat and let mixture cool to room temperature. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, garlic, and cooled vinegar mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

In a medium bowl, combine the lobster, celery, onion, and chives, and stir together. Add 1/2 cup of the saffron mayonnaise to the mixture and stir well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Preheat the grill to medium-high. Brush potatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill potatoes, cut-side down, until golden brown. Turn over and grill for 2 more minutes. Remove potatoes from the grill and place a small dollop of lobster salad on each potato.

Buttersticks I may have just eaten dinner and a lemon tart too, but this recipe still excites me on a full stomach. I'm going to try it in the near future! Thank you for sharing. :)

Back