What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i am looking for a baby shower fruit dip recipe

B

ButterSticks

does anyone have any good recipes for this? i have tried one before and it was very good.....its just i cannot remember the name of it....if any ideas or recipes please post them for me please :D

Cream cheese blended with cool whip, vanilla, and brown sugar is very tasty.

Cream cheese
Marshmallow creme
Few drops lemon juice

Mix equal parts of marshmallow cream and cream cheese; add a few drops of lemon juice. Whip until fluffy and enjoy.

1 large pkg. banana-flavored instant pudding/pie filling
1 container of thawed frozen whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
1 c. milk

Mix pudding powder with milk. Add completely thawed frozen topping and mix well.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.

1/2 cup sour cream
2 tbsp brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp Grand Marnier liqueur (or other orange-flavoured liqueur)

Stir all 3 ingredients together in bowl. Turn into small serving bowl in center of plate. Makes 1/2 cup. A good combination with strawberries.

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz cream cheese, softened

Sift powdered sugar into medium size mixing bowl. Add brown sugar, vanilla and cream cheese. Mix until well blended.

Serve with pineapple, melon, watermelon, kiwi, star fruit, orange slices, strawberries, raspberries, etc.

ORANGE DIP: 1 ½ c. plain yogurt, ¼ c. honey, 3 T. orange juice, 1 t. orange zest and 1 t. lime zest. Makes 1 ¾ c.

CHOCOLATE DIP: Heat 1 c. heavy cream to simmer; remove from heat and add
12 oz. chocolate chips; let stand 5 minutes; stir until smooth. Refrigerate until serving. Makes 1 ¾ c.

For mine, I usually combine powdered sugar and cream cheese.

Basic Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
1 8-ounce package cream cheese,softened
3 tablespoons sugar
1 cup sour cream or Mascarpone
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy.

Variations:

Almond Fruit Dip:
Add 3 tablespoons finely chopped almonds and 1 1/2 teaspoons almond liqueur to the basic recipe. Garnish with 1 tablespoon finely chopped almonds, if desired.

Raspberry Fruit Dip:
Puree 1 cup sweetened raspberries (aprox. 1 10-ounce package). Spoon half the basic recipe into a serving dish and smooth. Top with half the raspberry puree and smooth. Repeat.

If you like this you might also want to try warm Very Berry Fondue . After all, what is fondue if not dip?

Lemon Fruit Dip:
Add zest of 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 extra tablespoon sugar to the basic cream cheese fruit dip recipe.

Marshmallow Fruit Dip:
Add 1/2 cup marshmallow creme to the basic recipe.

All recipes: Chill and serve with assorted fruit dippers such as bananas, grapes, kiwi, apple, pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, and papaya, cut into bite-size pieces, if necessary. Bagel bites are good, too. Makes 2 to 3 cups.

Yogurt Fruit Dip
1 cup nonfat lemon yogurt
1 cup fat free non-dairy whipped topping
2 cups fresh fruit of your choice
Skewers

Mix yogurt and non-dairy whipped topping together in a bowl.
Stick pieces of fruit on the skewers and dip into the yogurt mixture

Back