What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 food items for survival?

B

ButterSticks

Just a fun thread but what 3 food items can you not live without? If you knew in advance ( :rolleyes: ) you were going to be shipwrecked on a desert island what would you take to survive? For my 'survival' I would take bread, cheese and tomatoes!

I'd probably take... elbow macaroni, butter, and cheddar cheese.

But that'll probably change next week, LOL, so I'll post again then.

I'm thinking bread, cheese and ........ I dont know. Maybe ham???

But if I'm shipwrecked... I guess I'd change ham to tartar sauce. :)

No no .. that's cheating spiceplace LOL That's 4 things... although you could use your tomatoes to make the sauce I suppose.

Wow, this is tough. I'm thinking rib eye steak, onions and fresh tomatoes.

i would bring pototaes (fills the stomach easy) gnochi (also fills the stomach) and probably some lollies to keep sugar energy up

cheese, flour tortillas, and potatoes - an unlimited supply of those things and I think I could survivie. :)

I'm thinking bread and cheese and a bottle of coke. I'm just wondering, maybe I'd die of dehydration there.

I could take this question two ways.

3 things I cook with now that I couldn't live without:

- Olive oil
- Pasta
- Ground beef

3 things that could keep me alive a long time on an island:

- Dried beans
- Oranges
- Cheese (assuming it could be kept cool!)

bread, potatoes, and hamburger meat. I know they sound silly, but they would be my top three picks. I love hamburger meat, and sometimes will just eat it if I get a strong craving for meat.

Rice, Steak, and a luxury item either Pepsi or Chocolate. I figure most islands you could find some kind of fruit or vegetable.

I also would have to have sun, sand, and water but then most islands consist of those items.

I would have to have rice, lentils,water, apples. The lentils can be used for protein, rice for starch and carb. Water welll you gotta have water. Oh and apples have so many nutrients in them.

Back