What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need advice on getting burned rice

B

ButterSticks

out of the bottom of my pan! darn I wasn't watching very closely. is there something other than a lot of elbow grease that helps?

out of the bottom of my pan! darn I wasn't watching very closely. is there something other than a lot of elbow grease that helps?

I've been there. You do need to soak it for a long time before you apply the elbow grease. Also if you add a dishwasher cube or some of the powder to the soak, this tends to hekp penetrate the "gunk" and renders it easier to life off after soaking.

Put some water in the pan, put it on the stove and boil it for 15 minutes. It will just come off like it was ice cream.

Hi, just read this tip recently------hope it works for you. Put some baking soda in the pan with water, put on stove and heat to boiling turn off and let soak overnight. If you can't put the pot directly on the burner then pour boiling and baking soda into it and let it set.

The boiling idea is a good one! I was going to advise to soak it and then use the green side of the spong to scrub it off.

I just let mine pan soak over night with soap in it. That usually works for me.

Hot hot water and dishwasher soap over night will do the trick for you.

...or maybe the temperature is just too hot. I've been there and I found out that that's the only problem. For me, it took just a little temperature adjustment.

I usually put dishliquid in the pan and let it soak. If it is a pan that I will need to use later on then I will put the dishliquid into the pan and place it on the stove for about 15 minutes. That usually gets the burned food off of the pan easier than using elbow grease. I never use a brillo pad since it will scratch the pan or pot.

Back