What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most unusual food you have eaten?

B

ButterSticks

What's the most unusual, 'extreme' food you have eaten and what did it taste like? I just watched a TV program that was basically all about cooking/eating alligators and just the thought of it is pretty scary to me.I will not eat frogs legs or snails either .What about everyone else? (I can not watch those Survivor episodes when they have to eat live bugs or cow brains :eek: )

I'm not into unusual food consumption but I do really enjoy escargot (snails) in a nice wine sauce. That is all I've ever eaten which might be considered "unusual". Friends were trying to goad me into sampling squid a few weeks ago, but that was not happening. :) How about you?

Hmm, I guess the most unusual food I've eaten is dog meat. But I didn't know at that time what it was, they were laughing at me coz I thought it was chicken. And they only told me after I was done eating.

I have eaten alligator; it's quite tasty. (At Pappadeaux).

I've also eaten escargot several times and liked it.

This was extreme for me.. I do not like seafood, but was in Mexico with my at the time fiances parents and fiance--first time meeting them by the way--they were footing the bill in this nice seafood restaurant.

I can tolerate shrimp..but not the kind I ordered. It didn't even taste like it was cooked all of the way and was soaking in some kind of red sauce...it tasted SOOO bad.. I went to the bathroom and threw up...

twice.

We go to Greece every few years and eat goat and lamb... that in itself is not too wierd. I love both of them. But the last time we were there our neighbors were making a soup out of the heads of two goats...eyes..ears..toungue, brain...it was all in there. We tried it. Didn't like it.

I'm not into eating unusual foods. LOL I try to stay on the safe side. :p

Geez - I guess I am not "adventurous" in that department. But after high school I was working for a large bank downtown and Woolworth's (who remembers that place???) was right across the street and every morning we would get off the bus behind Woolworth's, run in the back door and buy a fresh hot glazed fry cake and a couple packages of ketchup to put on it - and run out the front door and across the street to work. That's my "unusual" food.

Ok, the fry cakes I could do...but why ketchup for on them? Sorry, but that just sounds gross! LOL

You know, that actually doesn't sound too bad. I'll have to try that some time & see if I like it.

My dad killed a copperhead once when I was a kid and BBQ'd it. It was actually very good, but there is only small amounts of meat inbetween the bones. Kind of like miniature ribs, LOL.

Well the weirdest thing i have eaten was octupus and snails...they were both squishy in my mouth going down..and I will never eat them again for the mere fact that I am a vegetarian and I don't eat animals anymore..

Bleh...with that discription I already want to throw up. I've made it a personal goal to never let anyone talk me into eating snail, sushi, octopus, or squid. I think I can be quite happy never letting any of those things come within 10 feet of my mouth.

I went to a wild game tasting many years ago and had buffalo chili, duck, goose, alligator, and wild boar, among others. I don't remember what they all tasted like. I don't think I much cared for any of it. I also went to a Japanese restaurant on business once and tried squid, and a seaweed dish, with green tea ice cream for dessert.

Green tea ice cream is sooo good tho..I love me some green tea....all those weird chilis I coudln't do...I have eaten squid to tho...it wasn't as bad...

I <3 green tea ice cream and squid-- especially stuffed grilled squid. I should post my recipe for that somewhere!

Anyhoo, weirdest thing I've ever eaten -- Chicken Feet and various other animal innards I refuse to find out exactly which they are anymore XD I <3 streetfood. When I visit other countries, I skip the finer places first and go right to the streetfood. Makes me feel like I'm eating their culture, too :^__^:

Shark!!! In High School my boyfriends family used to have it all the time...I told him I would never eat it! Well so one time he invited me over for dinner and he told me they were having pork chops...well it looked kinda funny but I didnt want to insult his mom so I ate it....long story short...IT WAS SHARK!

@cook I would hate to get tricked..did it even tastelike it was spposed to?
@cooking you love it? that is soo werid..but some people are different....adn that si so cool I love eating the streetfood also..Iwil try anything once but I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat much meat

Back