What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ham Anyone?

B

ButterSticks

I have so much left over ham that I don't know what to do with but I don't want to waste it either...anyone have any great recipies that include HAM??

Add chunked ham to mac and cheese; make ham salad for sandwiches - ground ham, mayo or salad dressing, chopped sweet pickles or pickle relish; make a casserole with noodles, chunked ham, veggies, cream sauce or condensed cream of whatever (your choice) soup; ham steaks with pineapple; ham chunks and baked beans; potatoes au gratin with sliced ham; ham and rice stir fry; mix equal parts of ground ham and ground pork and add eggs, breadcrumbs or crackers and a can of tomato soup undiluted for a ham loaf; impossible ham and swiss pie with bisquick.

Ham?
no i dont know about that.
But thanks for the information mama mangia.

ham & soup beans --- put some in an omelet -- tortillas with melted cheese & ham cubes (or slices) are my favorite

Foil Grilled Ham Rolls

2 cups cubed ham
3/4 lb grated Cheddar cheese
1 Vidalia onion, chopped
1 4 oz can green jalapenos, chopped
1/4 cup chopped gherkins
1 8 oz can tomato juice
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
6 crusty round rolls

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients (except bread rolls).

Slice the tops off the rolls and remove scoop out the bread from the inside. Set aside. Fill the rolls with the ham mixture.

Replace the tops on the rolls and wrap each one in aluminum foil.

Bake over hot coals or in covered grill (about 275F) for 1 hour.

I don't like ham, so obviously I wouldn't like those ham rolls. I also don't like sausage, but I love bacon. Is that weird?

Isn't eternity defined as two persons and a ham?

Make bean soup and some omelets with the ham. Cut up some of the rest in cubes and slices then freeze for later use.

Kaabi, I also dislike sausage but I love bacon. It's too bad I'm too lazy to cook it; otherwise I'd be eating it every day.

Kaabi, I also dislike sausage but I love bacon. It's too bad I'm too lazy to cook it; otherwise I'd be eating it every day.

Actually that may be a good thing... bacon is not something you want to eat everyday. Too much fat, if you eat pork bacon. I don't know about the turkey bacon, never had it, but I know someone who eats it. She likes it, so I guess it's not all bad.

Creamy Ham Casserole

4 1/2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles (I used 1 pkg instead)
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 cup fat-free milk
1 (10 3/4-oz) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
2 cups (8oz) shredded, reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
1 (6oz) tub light cream cheese with chives and onion, softened
2 cups chopped lean ham (I used turkey ham)
1 cup chopped carrot
Cooking spray
1 cup fat-free herb-flavored croutons, crushed

1. preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook noodles in 2 quarts boiling water for 2 minutes. Add broccoli; cook an additional 3 minutes. Drain.
3. Combine milk, soup, 1 cup Cheddar cheese, and cream cheese in a large bowl. Stir well with whisk. Add noodle mixture, ham, and carrot. Stir well. Divide into two (8") greased casserole dishes. (I only made one big one b/c I used less noodles.)
4. Combine remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese and crouton crumbs. Toss well. Sprinkle over casserole.
5. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Ham in pasta salad. Spiral noodles, celery, cheese, italian dressing, ham..and whatever else you chose to put in it. I love that stuff!

Back