What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite ways of serving eggs?

B

ButterSticks

What are your favorite egg recipes or favorite ways of serving them? Do you like them just poached,boiled or fried or maybe you prefer omelets or scrambled eggs and if so what do you add to them? Maybe you love quiche - what kind? Do you like Eggs Benedict or Florentine and have a favorite recipe you would like to share?

We scramble them in some olive oil and add frozen organic spinach for a quick healthy meal. I also like eggs in french toast :).

I like one called "bara".
Its a newari reciep made with wheat.

I like a nice stuffed omelette - cheese, bacon and ham bits, thinly chopped onions, tomatoes and a hint of coriander leaf. accompanied with toasted garlic bread and a kettle full of strongly brewed Colombian coffee... man gotta go make me one these.

Last edited:
I don't eat eggs very often anymore... but when I do, I like them as a quiche, or omelette. Of course, if I have an omelette, everyone else has to have one too... so that means 10 eggs are gone in one meal. Hubby eats a 4-egg omelette, my 10 year old usually eats a 2 or 3 egg omelette, and I eat a 3-egg omelette. The baby just walks around getting bites from everyone's plate... so I estimate she eats probably a whole egg, if that.

I love scrambled eggs.... but generally when I decide on eggs I'll scramble them, put salsa in until it's good and hot, add some cheese until it melts and then put it all on a hot flour tortilla....

I mostly just scramble mine, sometimes with a little ham and/or cheese.

I love eggs benedict but I never make it at home. It's a nice splurge if I'm at brunch somewhere or having breakfast at a nice hotel.

Yesterday I made omelettes for the first time and i loved it! It was a great way to make eggs. I put Rotel and frozen spinach inside and topped with salsa (me) and hotsauce (husband).

My favorite is sunny side up. But the rest of my family likes scrambled eggs.

We love omelettes over here. Usually with cheese, green peppers, ans tomatoes. I am not too picky about my eggs though, I love most types.

Omelettes are pretty good too. Corn Peas Ham. Makes good breakfast

My family loves chorizo (spiced though not hot Mexican sausage) cooked with their eggs. It comes in links and you squeeze out the sausage into the pan, fry it until it's cooked (maybe 3-5 minutes) then add your egg and milk mixture to it and scramble it all together. Season to taste--for us that's adding hot sauce and place in a warmed tortilla-------oh, it's to die for-----of course saying that--you won't find it on any heart healthy diet though I do know that there is a soy substitue product out there--never tried it and probably don't want to.

My favorite way of eating eggs is Deviled eggs. Mmmm! They are so good that way. :)

Fried in bacon grease...sunny side up please.

But... I love a good poached egg on white toast too.

Ok, clearly i eat a lot of eggs. Yesterday i scrambled eggs in olive oil and added Rotel (spicier canned tomatoes) and it was really good!

My hubby made me chorizo once & it was really good. I can't eat it right now though because I get heartburn over nothing since I'm preg. I know the first thing he's making me after this baby is chorizo. I also love deviled eggs... I just don't get them very often. Hmmm...I'm gonna have to make some now.

Back