What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Jobs

B

ButterSticks

What was your first Job?
Was it a pleasent experience?
How old were you?
How long did you work there?

My first job was working in Marshall Field's (upscale department store like Macy's) in the china, crystal, silver, and bridal registry department. I was 16 and worked there for two years - i loved it! I learned all about those things and bridal registry and had a lot of fun picking out various patterns and styles :).

My first job was mowing lawns. I lived next to a very ambitious friend that would always find ways of making money. We used to mow lawns at gas stations, shops, and restaurants along the main strip.

Back then gas was 32 cents a gallon! We'd just go up to the stores and ask if they needed the grass mowed, and make a dollar or two doing it. Most of the time the stores said yes so there was little disappointment. Believe it or not it was fun.

I did a lot of babysitting and this was back in the days when 50 cents an hour for 2-4 children was considered fair pay----this is not factoring in the fact that I also washed dishes if any and had the place picked up by the time the parents came home. I know---what planet did I come from. ha!

What was your first Job? I worked at the Dairy Queen
Was it a pleasent experience? Not really
How old were you? 15
How long did you work there? A little over 1 year

My first job was when I was 12. My mother and I worked at a neighbors house cutting flowers. We would then go inside, count flower and bundle them into 20's. After all the time standing bent over and walking, by the time we sat down we'd have spasms in our backs the entire time we bundled. And the bees outside were aweful.

What was your first Job?
Waitress

At first, then it grew old and people started to get more and more ignorant.

How old were you?

3.5 years.

Will never do it ...ever again.

What was your first Job? Dairy Queen
Was it a pleasent experience? It was ok
How old were you? 15 to 17
How long did you work there? 1over a year and half.

What was your first Job?
-Waitress
-Yes!
How old were you?
-Started right when I was 14
-All through high school so 3 years

My first job was working with my mom cleaning motel rooms. Let me tell you, some people are so rude & disgusting! Please clean up after yourself if you spend the night at a motel. LOL I was 13 when I first started working with my mom.

I cleaned dentists offices... nope not fun.
I did it for about a year and then started babysitting for the dentist instead.
Paid better, more hours and much cleaner!

VERY first job? I'm going to say babysitting. In high school, I also worked the counter at a print shop, a video store, and a newsstand. My first job after college was working in the alumni office of a private prep school.

9 years old - washing dishes in a restaurant; separating and rolling silverware; cleaning the kitchen - was it fun - it was just like being at home - pay???? none (like I said - just like being at home)

first "real" job - food industry of course - what else???

retired now but worked wholesale and retail in the food industry, supermarkets setups, ran restaurants, delis, catered - you name it - including doing all the books (certified bookkepper and tax preparer also), profit margins, menus, training and all the yadda yadda that goes with it - no wonder I'm tired now

My first job was in a day care center. I started when I was 15 and worked there for almost 2 years. I loved it cause I liked working with kids. Not sure if I would be able to do it now since I have kids of my own and they have left me with no patience.

My first "real job" is like Mama's, a dishwasher at a restaurant, and then I was promoted to the salad bar. Washing the dishes wasn't all that bad, and we a good time at it. The manager always gave each of us a full meal at the end of the day, and it was a nice restaurant.

Back