What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was your favorite song as a child?

B

ButterSticks

What was your favorite song as a child? Do you still like the song now?

What is your favorite song now?

Hmmm, my favorite song as a child was That's All I Want From You with versions of Jaye P. Morgan,Dean Martin and Nina Simone. Im not sure who the original singer is. Doesnt matter, I just love this song.

My favorite song as of this moment is I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie and Voodoo by Godsmack.

My favorite was Elvira by the Oak Ridge Boys.... ooom bop a mow mow LOL

My favorite song as a child wasp by Vanessa Williams (I believe) I think it was called "As I lay me down" LOL I don't remember.

I have too many favorite songs now to mention. I love music

That was one record my mom didn't have. I remember listening to Neil Diamond a lot though. LOL And Elvis because my mom LOVED Elvis.

Then.....Seasons in the sun...

Now...almost anything by John Denver. Don't laugh. He's really good!

Anything from the Grease "record". My mom would always play it and my sister and I would dance all around the house. Memories. :)

I was crazy for the Monkees. I used to listen to "Last Train to Clarksville" about 20 times a day on my little record player.

As a child....back then would have been the Beatles...Four Seasons....

Still listen to both of them Love the Beatles Rubber Soul album or should I say cd...lol

Favorite song now....depends on what mood I am in....Taj Mahal....Hall and Oats....ahhhh yea....anything by Toby Keith....stop to love by Luther Vandross. Last but not least Sweet child of mine...by Guns n Roses....

Corine

I'm young, so when I think of myself as I child I think 8-10. My favorite was Jesus Loves Me. I sang it all the time. I don't really have a favorite these days. I know....boooorrrringggg.

I loved the Monkees too! I think I wore out that record.

I'm a believer
Last train to Clarksville
I'm not your steppin' stone :D

When I met hubby he had several Monkees' songs downloaded...I knew he was the one right then *LOL*

As for now...nothing really jumps out as a "favorite". There isn't an album out that I don't think I can live without. I'm much more likely to listen to the radio than a CD anyways...

My favorite song when I was a kid was ....Faithfully by Journey....

I still love the song very much but my favoritest song now is Shimmer-Fuel and Nothing else Matters-Metallica

My favorite song as a little child was Winnie the Pooh!!! I loved (ok I admit I still do love him) my teddy bear!

When I was really young my favorite song was:

How much is that doggie in the window? arf! arf!
The one with the waggley tail How much is that doggie in the window? arf! arf!

I still like it!

My all-time favorite song was "Dominique" by The Singing Nun!!! The only time I have had the pleasure of hearing that song as an adult was in a movie Cher starred in with Wynnona Ryder called Mermaid something or the other.

Good song, Cathy! And great movie! Also in that movie was Cher's fantastic cover of "It's In His Kiss"!

I love all kinds of music but my favs are: "Ode to Billie Jo" by Bobbi Gentry, "Mountains o' Things" by Tracy Chapman, "Where've You Been?" by Kathy Matea, "At Last" by Etta James, "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" by Roberta Flack, and Gershwin's "Someone To Watch Over Me" sung by everyone in the world!

Last edited:
Kev....Two of my fav songs....."At Last by" Etta James was one song Jimmy and I played at our wedding last year....love Roberta Flack too.

Back