What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homemade acne treatment

B

barbiedoll1973_tn

Get a eggwhite and mix it with a fork. Get a cotten ball and apply it to your face I do this twice a day at night I will leave it on there all night is a day or so they will be gone.

I am a greates acne suffered i think. I think i am going to try this one.

Toothpaste dabbed on a pimple will make it disappear. Apply at night - gone in the morning.
I've heard that this works, too. What a great idea for a new thread--home remedies---I've got tons-----our local paper has a regular feature "People's Pharmacy" that has lots of herbal, homeopathic, passed down from grandma, etc. Maybe, I'll start that one!!

I've heard that this works, too. What a great idea for a new thread--home remedies---I've got tons-----our local paper has a regular feature "People's Pharmacy" that has lots of herbal, homeopathic, passed down from grandma, etc. Maybe, I'll start that one!!

did anyone start this thread? It sounds interesting!

Hmmm...interesting. I'll have to try both the egg whites & the toothpaste. I've never heard of that before. I'll have to do it while my hubby's not home though. LOL He'll make fun of me. :p

Hmmm...interesting. I'll have to try both the egg whites & the toothpaste. I've never heard of that before. I'll have to do it while my hubby's not home though. LOL He'll make fun of me. :p

LOL yes you will look kinda funny with the eggs or toothpaste all over your face LOL. with the eggs let it dry on there and then wash it off or just leave it on all night i have done this before.

I went to a Dermatologist for something else, but had had dandruff for years and the doctor seized on it. So she prescribed a shampoo, and within couple weeks the stuff was gone. I'd never gone to a dermatologist before but got to say, if you have a skin condition, then you should see one. I tried all of the over the counter stuff and none of that worked.

I went to a Dermatologist for something else, but had had dandruff for years and the doctor seized on it. So she prescribed a shampoo, and within couple weeks the stuff was gone. I'd never gone to a dermatologist before but got to say, if you have a skin condition, then you should see one. I tried all of the over the counter stuff and none of that worked.

I wish that I could afford to go but I can't i don't think that ins. pays for you to see a Dermatologist do they?

Tea Tree Oil
Grab a cotton swab and dab some tea tree oil onto it. Apply to the pimple.

When I was in highschool, my friends and even my mother also used lipstick to dab on the pimple and it worked for them.

I would think the smell of the egg on your face would get nasty wouldn't it? I've also heard of using mashed strawberries with some lemon juice to unclog pores.

OK eggs? and toothpaste? how do you find this out? I actually don't understnad somehting.. there is spposed ot be antioxidants in chocolate but why does chocolate break you out..if you have major acne. I don't have it really, but i know some people who do that won't eat chocolate...and next time i hit that time of the mouth I'm trying some eggs...not toothpaste that is a little weird..I put toothepaste on all burns and IWill keep it that way

ok-some advice from someone who has dealt with acne and has overcome it for the most part. #1 if you can go to a dermatologist do so-otherwise a good general practitioner should be able to help you as well. Most acne is caused by bacteria and clogged pores so it's important to keep your face clean---do not touch your face with hands that have not been washed and keep your hair off you face as much as you can. If you study or read on your stomach don't hold your face up with your hands---a dermatologist told me that your hands are one of your worst enemies #2 For you girls--only use water-based makeup or makeup, sunscreens, cosmetics that say "non-comedogenic" --translation-- ---comedo means pimple and if it's genic that means it gives rise to, so if the product says non-comedogenic that means it's not going to give rise to or cause pimples. Companies want to sell products so they are going to advertise the fact that it's noncomedogenic if it is. #3 Retinol or retin-a products do help----but they are expensive. If you have insurance have the doctor prescribe them so that you can have them partially covered. One of the retinol creams is used at night and is worth every expensive penny!!!!!!!!!

As far as using antioxidants are concerned I really don't think that they have anything to with the exterior facial tissues. Vitamin E is a very good skin emollient and antioxidant but I would not recomment putting it on someone's face who has acne as it would clog the pores. That's the main treatment for acne keeping the pores open and free from bacteria. I've heard of using toothpaste in a pinch---probably has an ingredient that dries out the pimple.

Sulphur based cleaning products are equally effective (just don't scrub vigorously) Fostex and Pernox are both over the counter good brands combined with a facial scrub sponge. Carrying cotton balls soaked in astringent in a ziploc bag that you can periodically dab at your face during the day will help as well---just keep those unwashed hands off your face while you're at it. If you're wearing makeup you can also add a bit more powder after using the astringent. And if you go to bed without washing your face you get what you deserve in the morning. Eat healthy and drink lots of water. Being acne prone is not fun and can really warp the best of us---just hang in there and if it's any comfort to those of you with oily skin you will really appreciate our nemesis when you are older and looking 10-15 years younger than your non-acne prone classmates. You'll love going to your reunions after 10 years--trust me!! I'm almost 53 and people think that I'm in my late 30's or early 40's--my doctor couldn't understand why I was going thru menopause so early in my 40's--then I reminded him of how old I really was and he was surprised. One last HINT and this is for EVERYONE (pimples and nonpimples)--wear sunscreen whether it's sunny or not and invest in antiwrinkle creams---they do work.

OK eggs? and toothpaste? how do you find this out? I actually don't understnad somehting.. there is spposed ot be antioxidants in chocolate but why does chocolate break you out..if you have major acne. way

I think it's the oils in the chocolate (fat) and the processed sugar. They are the same things that eat at your teeth.

Eggs? Are you serious I have never heard of anything like that before. But I have heard of the toothpaste before, it doesn't always work though. But it will reduce the size of a pimple.

Back