What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rant & Rave

R

rt49andellis

I love hearing complaints.... about ANYTHING. Hubbies, kids, idiot customer service people....

Got any good ones???? My favorites are the ones that make me go :eek:
LOL !

I really hate when you call a custmer service number you have to go though a whole menu of numbers and once you pick one yet another menu and on and on

Here, Here!!!!!!!! I was also told by a customer service person I had to deal with recently, who I had charmed, what I had to do to get by all the waiting if I had to call back and she said to press the ##### key several times. For that particular company that worked. I also know that for a lot of them if you just stay on the line and don't press the numbers that they tell you that eventually a live customer rep comes on.

I have a rolodex of peeves----I may post as I go along. Ha!!!! I guess one that burns me up are people who take young kids to public places (restaurants in particular) and bring NOTHING to entertain them with. Unfortunately the rest of the patrons are expected to watch these darlings yell, scream, make a mess, cry and make the dining experience miserable. I had 2 active kids when they were little (my son was ADD) and we always took boatloads of stuff to occupy them--------if one of them still couldn't behave outdoors they went which didn't happen often.

oh me too !!!!!!!! on both cases..... Thanks for the ##### tip!!

My kids are very active too. I KNOW BETTER than to take them to a place where they'll be bored. And we save special toys for the outtings. That way they're not tired of the toy.

I think my biggest complaint would be the customer care people that dont hardly speak english. Makes me crazy !!!!!

That's because most so many services today (including insurance and credit card customer care) are outsourced---don't hesitate-----tell them that you want to speak to someone else whose English you can understand or who can understand your English---this saves face all the way around. Either that or hang up and try again---usually you will get someone else---ALSO, should you have any credit card problems in which your card is denied because of travel hang up and try again. I've done this so many times it's not funny but I end up with a rep that I can understand and get the problem resolved. Don't think that you are stuck with that particular rep. You're not. Oh, BTW----just learned that even some doctors' offices in the US are outsourcing their lab results and xrays-------oooohhhhhhh isn't that a comforting thought??

People who talk on their cell phones in the bathroom! Sheesh, is any conversation really THAT important?

Also, dogs who forget that it's Saturday and want to go outside at 6 a.m. ;)

Boy have I got a bunch!!!! Where should I start???

Well - here's a few - in no particular order:

Cell phones have made society ignorant! No manners at all. People have to chat while eating in a restaurant or checkout - the poor server cannot get a word in edge-wise, the clerk behind the counter is never heard, etc. It's like people will die if they don't have that darn thing glued to their ear! And did you ever notice someone walking down the street, waving their arms like they are going to take off, not paying attention to other pedestrians or traffic!!! Talking while driving really gets to me - no wonder there are so many accidents. The cell phone is more important than anything! Make the butcher/baker wait - they're getting paid anyway right??? And the idiots that pump gas while on the phone. HELLLLLLOOOOOOO - no wonder gas pumps blow up! You're out with "friends" supposedly to enjoy good times and conversations and the cell rings. What an emergency it is to hear that little Bobbie finally went potty by himself! I went out to lunch yesterday - 2 women at the next table were enjoying (???) lunch. One ate - the other ate and talked on her cell the entire time! I would have walked out and let her enjoy her conversation herself.

Which brings me to - TALKING WHILE YOUR EATING!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Finger - lickers!!!! Stick your fingers in your mouth and lick 'm all! Then touch things others have to touch! YUCK! Like I want what is in your mouth on me! How do I know where your mouth was last???

PEOPLE WHO DO NOT WASH THEIR HANDS AFTER USING THE REST ROOMS!

Restaurant help that scratch their heads and body parts - then touch your food.

And of course - don't forget to sneeze into your hand and infect everyone else. That is what they make hankies and kleenex for................

Cats all over the kitchen counter when someone is cooking - sorry - I will not eat anything made by anyone with cats for that reason.

Letting pets eat off you dish to clean your plate.

Me and my...................whatever happened to proper English??? How about "my (friend, mother, sister, dog, etc) and I".........................

PLEASE and THANK YOU!!!! Are those words still in the English language???

Liars - own up to what you did - even if it was a mistake - mistakes can be corrected - take the blame if you did it.

Calling for customer service or support - to INDIA!!! Sorry - I HATE it!

Loud bass noise from car stereos.

Inconsiderate slobs.

Vulgarity - potty mouths.

Children not being taught respect - not for themselves - not for adults - not for anyone.

TELE-MARKETERS - get a real job - stop bothering people.

Did you know that everytime you use your cell phone for calls and texting, it is kept on record??? Even after you clear it all. In order to remove it - when you get rid of your phone you have to go to where you bought it and inform them that you want all those records destroyed. Bet'cha didn't know that one! If anyone gets there hands on your old phone - good luck!

Road rage. Power vehicles - big SUV's, trucks. You don't have power - all you are proving is that you are a total A$$ on the road.

Rising utility costs and no government intervention!

The gasoline companies rape us daily.

Big company mergers and buy-outs. The world will be owned by 12 people some day. Like it or lump it!!!

The huge divide between the classes - the rich and the poor - with the middle class being phased out.

ok - ok - I'll give it a rest - but heck - you asked!!!!

I love this thread! I could type books and volumes with all of my rants and raves. I'll choose a singular rant for the moment because we are about to pack up and head off for the long weekend. Going to spend time with the in-laws,an experience which will give me a lot of rant and rave material,you can be sure. :)

I'm not a consumer of TV, particularly Talk shows. On occasion I tune in, out of boredom. I've frequently seen couples with marital woes featured. The husband, typically unattractive, balding, and with beer belly akin to a woman in her 9th month of pregnancy, enters into a tirade as to how his wife's appearance has progressively gone downhill. Looking at said wife, particularly in the context of having bore children, and having done (hard) "time" being married to this man, she looks pretty darn good. I can't help but to direct a rant or a few in the general direction of the TV. What is wrong with these men and the women who take what is tantamount to abuse from them? :eek:

That's my rant for now. I wish you all a wonderful, hopefully rant-free long weekend. :)

Remember -- it's cathartic to rant and rave. I think that's the origin of Primal Scream Therapy. :)

Bringing up the peeve on Indian outsourcing----their reps are only as good as their training. Some companies train a whole lot better than others---that's why I've had no problems with some online reps and why others leave me tearing my hair out. My husband and I lived in a residential hotel in Mombai where people from all walks of the international business world came through. One afternoon I struck up the acquaintance of a young lady and she informed me that she was there to train the Indians on the outsourcing of their claims department phone calls for their US health insurance company. Laughingly, I replied, well, I sure hope that you don't represent United Health Care as we have had lots of problems with them in the past. As I continued, I commented that the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing--one rep said this was covered another said no and the doctors' offices were going crazy and I was spending a lot of time trying to clear up insurance claims. Well, she looked at me kind of stricken and said, "Yes, I am training the Indians to outsource for United Health Care." I was not even embarrassed because of all the problems that we have had with them and I said "Well, you guys have some problems". And she commented that that was why she was over there. She agreed that they did and that they were working on it. She also added that as soon as they hired the best of the lot, that they would move on to better paying jobs.

Once again----if you get a rep that you think is incompetent or you can't understand them ask for another or hang up and try again---usually I get someone from the states.

<snip>Calling for customer service or support - to INDIA!!! Sorry - I HATE it!</snip>

and AMERICAN EXPRESS of all folks (one because of their name, and two because of their fees) to send their customer service to India. I used to really believe in Amex because they were on your side in a dispute, but now that everything is in another country, that value has been lost. And what about protection of personal info? What countries laws matter? I don't figure that India or Pakistan have strong consumer protection laws.

Bringing up the peeve on Indian outsourcing----their reps are only as good as their training. Some companies train a whole lot better than others---that's why I've had no problems with some online reps and why others leave me tearing my hair out. My husband and I lived in a residential hotel in Mombai where people from all walks of the international business world came through. One afternoon I struck up the acquaintance of a young lady and she informed me that she was there to train the Indians on the outsourcing of their claims department phone calls for their US health insurance company. Laughingly, I replied, well, I sure hope that you don't represent United Health Care as we have had lots of problems with them in the past. As I continued, I commented that the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing--one rep said this was covered another said no and the doctors' offices were going crazy and I was spending a lot of time trying to clear up insurance claims. Well, she looked at me kind of stricken and said, "Yes, I am training the Indians to outsource for United Health Care." I was not even embarrassed because of all the problems that we have had with them and I said "Well, you guys have some problems". And she commented that that was why she was over there. She agreed that they did and that they were working on it. She also added that as soon as they hired the best of the lot, that they would move on to better paying jobs.

Once again----if you get a rep that you think is incompetent or you can't understand them ask for another or hang up and try again---usually I get someone from the states.

I wish we were in control of these health care decisions and could choose the small company that wanted our business instead of the large company spending millions of dollars to move a call center.

What pixxes me off in the health care insurance area is that the insurance companies are squeezing the doctors providing the service and have the technical skill. So what do the doctors do in response to being paid less? Spend less time with you. That makes the HMOs and Blue Cross happy ... for now, until they start paying for larger claims for missed diagnosis later. What a crazy business.

YOU have to be proactive-pure and simple----look at your age, family genetics, and lifestyle, and get with your health-provider and be pro-active. Don't wait for them if you have any doubts--you may have to pay for a large amount of it in the end but if you can then do it. And then appeal to the insurance companies if you think that it's valid coverage on their part.

First off -- thank you mama for that wonderful list. *laughs* I agreed with you on about....well... every single item listed!!! The one about phone in the bathroom reminded me of a funny joke.

And usually I do end up hanging up or asking for a supervisor when I get the "foreigners". I remember one day after about 5 cust. service guys that I couldnt understand... I called in again and heard the most wonderful voice. It was like hearing angels sing. A nice beautiful Hello with a Georgian accent. I said "OH!! Thank God!" The lady said, "I'm sorry ma'am. Have you been waiting long?" I said "No...thank God.....someone who speaks english" My gosh you shoulda heard her laugh... Hehheeee

And usually I do end up hanging up or asking for a supervisor when I get the "foreigners". I remember one day after about 5 cust. service guys that I couldnt understand... I called in again and heard the most wonderful voice. It was like hearing angels sing. A nice beautiful Hello with a Georgian accent. I said "OH!! Thank God!" The lady said, "I'm sorry ma'am. Have you been waiting long?" I said "No...thank God.....someone who speaks english" My gosh you shoulda heard her laugh... Hehheeee

Do you think that person was in Georgia :) I doubt it, and think they were just a great role player. They train on stuff like that to fool us including keeping current with the latest football scores. In my opinion, that's evil.

YOU have to be proactive-pure and simple----look at your age, family genetics, and lifestyle, and get with your health-provider and be pro-active. Don't wait for them if you have any doubts--you may have to pay for a large amount of it in the end but if you can then do it. And then appeal to the insurance companies if you think that it's valid coverage on their part.

I'm not sure if you were answering to me or not. If so, it's crazy to me that the doctors these days have these huge staffs that do nothing but coding for insurance companies. Everything has been pushed on the doctors, and they need 4 or 5 staff people, which means they need to be part of a group of doctors, which in turn leads to a business mentality, and I think less personal care than we had 20 years ago. IMHO the insurance industry is taking the doctors to the cleaners, having them do the paperwork, and then paying them in peanuts. My 2 cents.

Yes, A.B.T.,

I was answering to you and I sent you a very long reply a few nights ago but I don't know what happened to it. Maybe it was something that I did----I'm not especially computer savvy and my reply disappeared since I've last checked this thread. Anyway the gist (in case it was due to length and got deleted) was that healthcare to do is not what it used to be-------the ob/gyn's yearly well-woman's visit is a good example. Gone are the days when you would have a VERY thorough exam----Today the bare minimum exam is done and today's young women don't know the difference. My comment is to be sure that you report any unusual conditions, symptoms, etc.----don't expect your doctor to be a mind reader--they are going fast and furious these days due to the insurance changes and for heaven's sake do your monthly breast exam check. It might save your life.

I have to agree on the state of the medical industry. It seems to me they've been railroaded by the insurance industry. My doctors office has morphed from a group of 5 doctors into something like a college admissions department or a better example, the Department of Motor Vehicles. You go from station to station and it feels like I'm beeing pushed through an assembly line. Having thought about this for a number of years, the only conclusion I can reach is that the insurance industry has added such administrative overhead to the medical practices, that they have to combine and form huge medical businesses in order to cover the costs of the overhead. And so doctors need to see more and more patients an hour to make any sort of income, and that means they've outsourced the routine things like BP, temp, weight, discussion, etc, to lower paid medical interns and nurse practioners so that they free up their time to see 15 patients an hour.

How I miss the medical care of 10 years ago, when my doctor would see me for 10 minutes for an ingrown hair. Even though she could have said poof, and bye, she always spent time to discuss other issues, or to fully explain something. Now they see you for 30 seconds, and at station 10 when you checkout, the DMV clerk passes you a laser printed prescription w/o explanation of what it's for. Thank god the internet is here so we can find treatment information when the doctors give us free samples.

It's so sad - in order for a doctor to collect fees for seeing a patient he has to prove that the patient was worth seeing......so they "inflate" the patient's diagnosis to collect on the patients' insurance - or they won't get paid a cent. And most of the time they don't get it paid in full anyway. And don't forget those deductibles you have to pay up front. No wonder insurance rates are so high. And of course - the insurance company dictates who can have what and when.

Everything medical would be so much cheaper if a doctor could tell the truth and get paid for it - no matter how small it was!

If this keeps up - we wil be paying more and more and getting less and less. It's getting worse.

Back