What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Food Network shows do you enjoy?

R

r8rpwr

I'm a Food TV addict. I wouldn't even bother to have satellite TV if it wasn't for that network.

My favorites:

30 Minute Meals
$40 a Day (her travels are just so fascinating to me)
Boy Meets Grill
Emeril Live
Paula's Home Cooking
Everyday Italian
Iron Chef America
How to Boil Water

I have gotten so many great ideas and recipes from watching these shows.

We don't currently have TV (by choice, the internet is our 'screen' ;)). So the shows i'm going to name are really old school food network! I started watching The Frugal Gourmet on PBS with my mom when i was very young. Then i got hooked on Debbie Field's cooking show b/c it was all yummy desserts. I also loved "How to boil water" b/c the host was a cute guy and pretty funny :). And i know there was another older show i used to watch a lot but i can't for the life of me remember what it was.

I used to watch the Frugal Gourmet ages ago myself. That is, until he went to jail (or did he get probation or something, I don't remember). That was a weird situation. I think I still have his cookbook somewhere.

food network

I like Paula's home cooking. I also like the 30 minute meals one. I love watching that channel. I get so many ideas from it. I also love the variety of shows that they have. Paula had a good recipe for Cinnamon rolls. I have to try it one day.

We don't have cable anymore. I used to LOVE watching Good Eats though with Alton Brown. Food Network though is one of those channels that I can just leave on throughout the day and it's no big deal. I did get a little annoyed at Emeril some days though.

let see...I've always got FN on during the day.

Good Eats
Everyday Italian
30 Min Meals
Barefoot Contessa
Pauls' Home Cooking

Yes, Emeril is one of those who you can love and hate at the same time. He can be so obnoxious, but such a wise guy as well and it's funny. My DH who doesn't especially love cooking, will sometimes watch Emeril just because he's always got a smart remark up his sleeve.

I love Iron Chef America. It's interesting how they mixed "suspense" and cooking. I also watched the original Iron Chef (Japanese version) on cable and it's even better. Not to mention, funny.

I also like that show by Nigella Lawson (I forgot the title). I find her very charming and fun watch.

I watch Iron Chef America as well. It's so interesting to see what they do with the secret ingredient!

There is a whole lineup of shows that come on every Saturday morning and if I had nothing to do, I'd just watch them all day. The only one i don't like is Semi Homemade Cooking. Sandra Lee thinks she's all that but really, how hard is that stuff and yet she has a whole TV show about it.

I like the original Iron Chef. I remember watching Frugal Gourmet also.

Alton Brown cracks me up. He's such a loon.

I like How to Boil Water but my DH says it's just because I think Tyler Florence is cute. :D

I don't watch the Food Network. I didn't think anybody watched it... the only Food Network personality I know is Emeril. He's on Food Network, right?

Whenever there's nothing on TV, I always turn it to the food network. I love this channel. My favorites are:

Everyday Italian
Barefoot Contessa
Paula's Homecooking
Easy Entertaining

I also like to watch Semi-homemade with Sandra Lee for ideas, but I wouldn't really put it on my favorites list. It's a bit weird how she has a color theme for everything and whatever the color it is for that day her kitchen is decorated in that color, and she wears that color and sometimes makes food tha color. It's neat in a way but a bit....odd.

Oh, and I don't really like Emeril. When he comes on, I usually change the channel.

I like that show with Rachael Ray. I think it is called 30 minute meals. She is very entertaining to me. and she has some good ideas for quick meals.

I watch it late at night, and it always makes me very hungry. But usually when there's nothing on I go to GSN, there's always something good on that.

Iron Chef America is never shown here, so I like the original Iron Chef, especially the time when 2 lady chefs consecutively won against Iron Chef China, Chen Kenichi

I enjoy Barefoot Contessa - she always makes her food look so pretty :).

Back