What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Herb Roasted Chicken

S

shannone

Ingredients
1 roasting chicken (about 4 pounds)
1 (12 ounce) package herbed bread stuffing
1 cup water
3 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, chopped
¾ cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
2 ounces prosciutto or baked ham, cubed
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dried sage
½ teaspoon dried rosemary
2 tablespoons each heavy cream and lemon juice

1.Preheat oven to 350 F. Place roasting rack in large roasting pan. Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels.

2.In large bowl, toss stuffing with 1 cup water. In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, spinach, prosciutto, garlic, sage and rosemary to skillet; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.

3.Add spinach mixture to stuffing. Stir in heavy cream and lemon juice; mix well.

4.Spoon stuffing loosely into chicken cavity, filling about ¾ full. Fold skin over openings and close with metal skewers. Tuck wings under chicken. Place on roasting rack.

5.Roast chicken until an instant-read meat thermometer, inserted in the thigh not touching bone, registers 180 degree Fahrenheit and chicken is golden, about 1 hour and 45 minutes.

roasted chicken is pretty much a guaranteed winner, I think! And when stuffed with prosciutto? mmm.

mmmmm sounds excellent. I like to sprinkle rosemarry on my roasted chicken. Delicious.

Back