What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smores: Two different ways

K

Kaabi

I make smores two different ways. I can either start a nice little fire and roast the marshmallows on a stick, or I just pre-make a smore and microwave it. The microwave way tastes better but the first is more fun.

I went camping a few weeks ago and I ate way to many smores. I think that I have had my chocolate fix for the rest of the year. I love roasting the over a fire. I have never tried the microwave, but its a great way to make them for the kids.

I agree with Kaabi, roasting the marshmallows over the fire is more fun, but it's also messier and the kids get stickier. My daughter somehow managed to get melted marshmallow in her hair a couple years ago from roasting it over a fire. You have to be careful putting marshmallows in the microwave though, my brother blew up the marshmallow in the microwave once. It was NOT fun to clean.

I agree, microwave ones are much easier, but not as much fun. I don't buy the stuff just to keep at home though, then t'd just eat them all the time :p

I made smore once with help of my mother.
But dont know how to make now.

Smores are Hershey chocolate candy bar & marshmallow between two graham crackers - Heat it by any means necessary.

After seeing this thread I have been craving these. I ate about 4 of them yesterday :eek: LOL

Yummy a smores thread! My grandchild and I used to sit in the living room of our apt. and use sterno to roast the marshmallows and we would make smores that way. We would spread a big sheet and pretend to be camping:D They are so sickly sweet I can hardly stand to eat them anymore, but it is soooo much fun to roast the marshmallows a nice "Puffy" Crisp Brown!

Back