What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B-Day party food

S

shannone

My sons birthday is coming up in a month. Every year we usually order pizza or have chicken or sloppy joe sandwiches. I am wanting to do something different this year. He will be 10 years old and I am getting tired of have the same type of food every year. Does anyone have any good party food ideas?

Ask him for some ideas... He's probably getting tired of the same ol' things too.

Here are my choices (I got them all from kraftfoods.com):

Turkey Cheese Pockets
Mini Oreo Surprise Cupcakes (he can make these if he wants)
Smoothies
Mini Ham & Cheese Calzones
Easy Caramel Popcorn (for those late night movies)
Cookies 'n Creme Pudding Pops

I'm sure there are alot of recipes at kraftfoods.com that your son would love to try. I know my daughter likes the Turkey Cheese Pockets and the Pudding Pops.

how about make your own tacos. Prepare everything ahead and place it buffet style. i bet the kids would love it

Those are some great ideas. I am going to see what my sons wants to do, but he always says pizza. I am so tired of having pizza at these party's. I am sure he will like the taco idea mini oreo suprise cupcakes.

Kids love grilled cheese. Maybe make grilled cheese sandwiches and cut them with a cookie cutter into some fun shape? Although, that would waste a lot of good sandwich. Hmmmm.

Do a cookout, thats your best bet money wise and everyone loves a BBQ!

Kids loves chocolates like i do.
So include lots of chocolates with other food.

Kids love grilled cheese. Maybe make grilled cheese sandwiches and cut them with a cookie cutter into some fun shape? Although, that would waste a lot of good sandwich. Hmmmm.

Who says you have to waste it?? I'd be eating it myself, but I LOVE grilled cheese. But that is a good idea, and you can use it for other things, not just grilled cheese.

are you having any sort of theme to the party? Maybe the food could go along with it if you are!

You should have a pirate theme, and serve fish, and the bodies of captured villagepeople (in the form of chocolate).

That would be a good thread! Good foods for theme parties. Off to start it for my few ideas :p

Eww Kaabi *laughs* Bodies of captured village people... ALTHOUGH... I'm sure 10 year old boys would love that!! But imagine the phone calls from school. "Did I hear that you fed the children bodies?" Hahaa

I like the buffet taco idea. I know you said you were tired of pizza... but maybe having them make their own pizzas would be fun. My kids love that.

Check out nick.com I'm pretty sure they've got "gross recipes" Like mud pie & worms.... Stuff like that makes little boys go wild.

Back