What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

little girls first birthday?

K

Kay1018

any ideas on some fun foods? I wanted to have it catered but the our favorite restaurant is booked:mad: so my hubby and i will be cooking any great ideas? He theme is like a princess pink theme.

Put hotdogs on stick then a marshmallow and stick them in a cabbage. Although.. Im not sure if this would go with the pink theme.

Pink, huh??? Let me think....

Yellow Cake cupcakes with Pink frosting (just add a couple drops of red food color to Vanilla Frosting)

I don't have any other suggestions that would go with the princess theme, except maybe have like a cold cut tray with crackers and sliced veggies for a tea party. Sorry I couldn't be much more help.

Pink, huh??? Let me think....

Yellow Cake cupcakes with Pink frosting (just add a couple drops of red food color to Vanilla Frosting)

I don't have any other suggestions that would go with the princess theme, except maybe have like a cold cut tray with crackers and sliced veggies for a tea party. Sorry I couldn't be much more help.

This sounds good to me. She is so young that she will probably never know what is happening if she is like my baby everday is one huge party. LOL

Don't tell ANYONE I told you this - my g/f's hubbie wanted a pink party for his 2 year old. He put red food coloring (to make pink) in the mashed potatoes, chicken gravy, and biscuit dough! We didn't mind the cake and frosting - but the food?????? It didn't effect the flavor - but that is something he will never do again. I don't think anyone will let him live it down - she is married now - and teases her dad about making PINK foods for his grandbabies. But he won't do it again.

Maybe adding food coloring to applesauce - other than that - pink cake or cupcakes and frosting is great - just not the food.

I would just make a favorite meal and pink cake/frosting - safe that way.

Don't tell ANYONE I told you this - my g/f's hubbie wanted a pink party for his 2 year old. He put red food coloring (to make pink) in the mashed potatoes, chicken gravy, and biscuit dough! We didn't mind the cake and frosting - but the food?????? It didn't effect the flavor - but that is something he will never do again. I don't think anyone will let him live it down - she is married now - and teases her dad about making PINK foods for his grandbabies. But he won't do it again.

Maybe adding food coloring to applesauce - other than that - pink cake or cupcakes and frosting is great - just not the food.

I would just make a favorite meal and pink cake/frosting - safe that way.

LOL I would have never thought about doing all of this.

Pink mashed potatoes and gravy??? That must have looked so weird on the plate. I'm glad my hubby isn't into the whole girly princess thing for our daughter... he wants her to be a little tomboy. She's got her a little football that she throws at him, and everything.

What kind of foods were you wanting? Is it like a dinner party or just cake & ice cream??

I just came up with an idea. For your cake you could use round pans and make a bunny - with pink icing... just draw on the ears & face... maybe a little pink Snowball as the tail. OR perhaps pink icing cupcakes with little bunny faces.

wait, pigs are pink too. Go for a pig theme. LOL Pink piggy cupcakes....

I just came up with an idea. For your cake you could use round pans and make a bunny - with pink icing... just draw on the ears & face... maybe a little pink Snowball as the tail. OR perhaps pink icing cupcakes with little bunny faces.

wait, pigs are pink too. Go for a pig theme. LOL Pink piggy cupcakes....

Great idea.

Just wondering if you had the party yet and what you ended up doing. If you have pictures of the food.... I'd love to see what you decided on. :)

oooh yes, do post pics if you can. We could use some yummy action shots around here!

For a cake make a barbie princess cake. All you do is buy your cake mix. Mix it like you normally would. Bake it ina glass bowl, to make the dress. Then use a barbie and stick her in the bowl portion. Then frost up on her and on the dress part. You can also bake a round cake and put the dress on top of it.

Back