What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indonesian chicken

K

Kay1018

You need to start this in the AM,it's really not a lot of work,but needs to be prepared ahead!

You will need:

3-4 pounds of chicken (I used legs but any chicken part will do)
2 sachets of "stir fry" spices,I used the one brand "Sunbird" (wal-mart sells it)
2 sachets of "fried rice" spices.I also used Sunbird on this one
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 or 1/3cup of soysauce

Bake chicken it in the oven until it's done with just a little bit of salt and pepper!When it's done place the chicken parts in a large pan and fill it with water until chicken is covered! Add the 4 sachets of spices,1/2 cup of sugar and about 1/4 cup of soysauce.(or 1/3 of a cup for extra flavor)!!!Stir a little and let it boil COVERED 1 hour! After that lower to med low and keep simmering for about 5 hours or longer .After 2 hours you may want to add a little water,but not too much!
Serve this with white rice and I personally like a can with peaches with it,but basically any kind of veggie on the side will be fine!!The meat gets real tender and it (almost ) falls of the bone!! Which is great because I usualy don't like bones and stuff!! This is also probably the only meal I keep leftovers because the next day (refrigerate overnight) it's even better!!

Back