What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When you were pregnant...

C

clara

Is it true that a pregnant woman gets cravings for a specific kind of food? And is it also true that the food that you liked before is gonna be the one you hate while you are pregnant?

What are the other changes that happen to a woman while she is pregnant? I meant moods, cravings... any funny incidents?

I craved baked potatoes and Egg McMuffins in my first trimester, Krispy Kremes in my second, and fountain Dr. Peppers in my third trimester. However, I still love all that food and my kids are two years old now. :)

oh yes, you get moody. cry at the drop of a hat, be laughing 10 minutes later. It's a WILD ride.

I really didn't have any food cravings per se, but there sure were certain foods that I had to AVOID so as not to run to the loo----the smell of coffee, cooking rice, and bacon could NOT be tolerated while I was expecting. Mood swings were common as well-----any story on child abuse just sent me into fits of crying----how could anyone hurt an innocent child?? Having that baby finally put in your arms made it all worthwhile, however.

I craved Hot mexican food stange isn't it but I craved alot of other things to.

I did. I craved lots of hot things, buffalo wings... you name it.

I ate ice chips a lot as well.

Nope, not for me. I never had any cravings that I didn't have before. My food preferences are still the same after as well.

I did. I craved lots of hot things, buffalo wings... you name it.

I ate ice chips a lot as well.

OH I had forgot about the ice chips wow I loved those things I remember Ihad to go to the hosp to have labor stopped several time they had the best ice there.

My mood swings...I mostly just got really irritated over nothing/little things. Didn't take much to make me cry.

My biggest mood changes came after the baby, though. Wasn't depression or anything, just hormones.

Squatting was the hardest task ever when I was in my 7-9 months and the boys, litterally 16-18 thought that it was funny to watch me try to squat down to pick things up. "Hey, you dropped that, hahahaha". It was cute it was all in fun from them.

I had food aversions, too. I couldn't set foot in a mexican restaurant the whole pregnancy because the smell of the food was too awful for me. And I normally love Mexican food!

I had many mood swings,and also after pregnancy.
I craved for Pizza (use to eat 3-4 slices at one go), now I can't eat it or stand it.

It's pretty strange but i never got cravings for things when i was pregnant. My students would always ask me if i did and i had to answer 'no'.

Back