What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you make eggs like McDonalds?

R

rt49andellis

Ya know how they have those nice fluffy eggs and they're folded?? How do they do that? I'm assuming they probably come frozen and they just stick them in water or something. That's what it looks like they're doin back there. But.... how would I do that at home?

I've tried just making a pancake lookin egg and then folding it over, but it just doesn't come out right.

I think they use a mould which is already on the hot plate, they just add the egg in to fll up the mould. IN australia, they arent folded. I dont get what that folding means anyway.

I literally mean folded. Like you fold a piece of paper in half.... then in half again.

They use the liquid eggs in a carton (not egg beaters), pour it into the pan, and flip them with a spatula. The liquid eggs cook differently than regular eggs.. you will see what I mean when you try it. :)

They use the liquid eggs in a carton (not egg beaters), pour it into the pan, and flip them with a spatula. The liquid eggs cook differently than regular eggs.. you will see what I mean when you try it. :)

Yeah, they pour the 'eggs' out of a quart carton. Knowing that everything at McDonalds isn't really food, I can't think that the carton actually contains any eggs. McDonalds is really the 'magic through chemistry' we learned in school.

Are you really wanting McDonalds eggs or just how to make real eggs that look like the fake McDonalds eggs.

I'm wanting mcdonalds, hardees, burger king eggs. Mine never taste the same. I will be getting some of that "egg" in a carton.... now... what area of the store do I find that? I'd assume with the real eggs...but... who knows?

They sell them in any grocery store. In mine they are right by the eggs/milk/butter. Just don't get egg beaters, they have a different taste to them than the other ones. :)

I'm wanting mcdonalds, hardees, burger king eggs. Mine never taste the same. I will be getting some of that "egg" in a carton.... now... what area of the store do I find that? I'd assume with the real eggs...but... who knows?

Mine eggs never turns out like there's nether no matter what I do.

They sell them in any grocery store. In mine they are right by the eggs/milk/butter. Just don't get egg beaters, they have a different taste to them than the other ones. :)
Thanks - cuz egg beaters is what I was going to buy. LOL And thanks for the location. I have to go get milk today so maybe I'll remember to look for the "eggs"

haha im trying this egg now, i havent been to america for a long time, ill try this for breakfast soon, and ill tell you if it works

They open a dairy container and pour onto a hot greased griddle; cut into strips, flipped and folded to finish cooking. It's just a basic egg wash recipe with water in it.

I have now been to the store twice since I got the answer to this question. I've bought eggs both time and both times forgot to even look for the fake eggs. ARE they fake eggs?? Or real eggs made into powder or what?? What exactly will I be buying??

I bet it's moulded, and that the eggs are whipped a ton beforehand to make them full of air and fluffy.

Ya know, I never thought ... I could ask my brother. He worked at McDonalds and Burger King. But then, as usual, I'll probably end up having to some gross "when I worked at McDonalds" story that I don't wanna hear!

Back