What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite potatoe recipe

M

mtmomj

....I love POTATOES.. mashed, fried, baked...

Any favorite ways of making them?

....I love POTATOES.. mashed, fried, baked...

Any favorite ways of making them?

Garlic Mashed Potatoes
I like to add 1 tsp of prepared chopped garlic to the potato mix just before blending them with the mixer. 'Garlic Mashed Potatoes' are delicious.

Another idea is to grill them after cutting into quarters lengthwise and soaking in Italian salad dressing for 1/2 hour.

I love garlic mashed potatoes.

I boil potatoes with 3-4 cloves of garlic, then mash them and add 1/2 cup or so of sour cream. I drizzle the top with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, then bake for 20 minutes or so. YUM

Potato Bake, sliced potatoes in a casserole dish, with cream and cheese melted on the top. It tastes nice.

Potato salad too. Diced Potao with mayo bacon and some herbs.

I like potato salad made without mayo (is that German potato salad?). I also LOVE oven-baked sweet potato "fries."

I love potatoes!!! Even uncooked. I just eat them like apples after they're peeled.

Mashed are my favorite. With LOTS of butter and usually some cheese & sour cream. No wait.. maybe baked potatoes with sour cream, cheese & butter. I suppose they're sort of the same.

But when I go out to a restaurant, I always opt for tater skins with all the fixins... and ... sour cream LOL

Thanks for these ideas! Now I have something new to try for dinner. :D

Thanks for these ideas! Now I have something new to try for dinner. :D

haha

We once had half potatoes where most of the inside was spooned out and my mum put something else into the hole. Forgot what it was but it probably was some bacon.

We once had half potatoes where most of the inside was spooned out and my mum put something else into the hole. Forgot what it was but it probably was some bacon.
Yeah, you wouldn't believe all of the "stuffed" recipes you can find. Stuffed taters, stuffed tomatoes, stuffed green peppers...... I think one of my favorites was green peppers stuffed with meatloaf.

Indian dishes! It's not what you first think of, but Indian food often uses potato and it is a great way to cook it - like with eggplant, tomato paste, and curry served over rice, for example.

Potato lovers here too!

Steamed, boiled, fried, baked, mashed, latkes, don't matter.

Slice white and sweet potatoes and onions, layer in buttered casserole with bits of butter in between layers; 350* till done.

All time favorite made with mashed potatoes - potato gnocchi......food from heaven!!!

Potato lovers here too!

Steamed, boiled, fried, baked, mashed, latkes, don't matter.

Slice white and sweet potatoes and onions, layer in buttered casserole with bits of butter in between layers; 350* till done.

All time favorite made with mashed potatoes - potato gnocchi......food from heaven!!!

hahha potatoes, we are growing some, we gonna have potato feasts soon, one harvest we got 20kg of them haha

Ok -- what's gnocchi and curry? We're potato freaks so anything that gives me ANOTHER option on how to cook them is a good thing. :)

Stuffed potatoes are pretty nice to eat. Its been a long time since ive had them

Usually we just cut up some red potatoes place in a casserole dish with some butter, add some chopped onions, some minced garlic and cook on 350 for about 30 minutes. Then we add fresh broccoli and balsamic vinegar and cook another 15 minutes or so. You can even add cheese to the potatoes if you like.

POTATO GNOCCHI WITH HERB BUTTER

SERVES 4 to 6

If you can find fresh potato gnocchi in a vacuum-sealed package, this is a quick and easy recipe and a nice change from regular potatoes or rice as a side dish. I like this with fresh sage or parsley, but you can use any fresh herb.

INGREDIENTS

* 1 pound fresh potato gnocchi
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage, parsley or herb of choice
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons grated provolone or fontina cheese
* 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Cook the gnocchi in lightly salted boiling water according to package directions, usually just until they float to the surface. Drain well.

Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small skillet. Add the chopped herbs and heat to infuse the flavor, about 1 minute. Pour over the cooked gnocchi. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheeses; toss well to combine. Serve immediately.

Note: If desired, substitute all Parmesan for the other cheeses. The tossed gnocchi will hold in a warm oven if needed.

POTATO GNOCCHI

3 large Idaho or russet potatoes, unpeeled (1 1/2 lbs.)
1 tsp salt
Dash of freshly ground white pepper
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups unbleached flour, sifted

In a large saucepan, boil the potatoes in lightly salted water
until easily pierced with a fork, 30 to 40 minutes. Drain and
cool.
Peel the potatoes and pass them through a ricer or push them through
a coarse sieve. Spread the potatoes out on a large plate and let
them cool completely.
On a cool work surface, gather the cold riced potatoes into a mound
and form a well in the center. Stir the salt and pepper into the
egg and pour the mixture into the well. Using both hands, work
the egg into the potatoes, gradually adding the flour and scraping
the dough up from the work surface as necessary. Work the dough
just until all the ingredients are blended, 4 to 5 minutes.
Lightly dust the dough, your hands and work surface with flour and
cut the dough in 3 parts. Using both hands, roll each piece of
dough into a 1/2 inch thick rope, then cut the ropes at 1/2 inch
intervals. Indent the gnocchi with your thumb, or roll them with
the back of a fork to produce a ribbed effect.

Back