What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mixed drinks

M

mtmomj

Anyone have any favorite mixed drink (alcohol) recipies to share?

haha i thought this topic refered to mixing any drink. Ive heard Kahula with coke is nice.

I like mudslides. I like pretty much anything with Bailey's Irish Creme. LOL

I've never had Baileys Irish Cream before. I'll have to try it out one day. :cool:

ohhhh, Bailey's is SO GOOD. I like it in decaf coffee...it has helped calm me down for many a cross-country flight. :D

Oh yes, you will definately have to try it some day...soon. LOL It is SO good. I like that better than I like caloua (sp?) & I like caloua.

I have never tried this before either but you all have made me what to try this.

Oh yes, you will definately have to try it some day...soon. LOL It is SO good. I like that better than I like caloua (sp?) & I like caloua.

I think you meah Kahlua?

I'm not a big Kahlua fan but I don't like anything tasting of coffee, so that's probably why. My husband loves it though.

I don't have any recipes to share really; I'm more of a wine girl but when I do mix drinks it's something simple like rum and coke or Amaretto sour.

I tried this one last night: Very simple.

Just 2 ounces of Blue Hawaiian and 7-up. It was delicious.

Alabama Slammer
Yields: 1 Servings

1 ounce Southern comfort
1 ounce Amaretto
1/2 ounce Sloe gin
1 dash Lemon juice

Pour all ingredients (except for lemon juice) over ice in a highball glass. Stir, add a dash of lemon juice, and serve.

Frisco Sour

2 ounces Blended whiskey
1/2 ounce Benedictine
Juice of 1/4 lemon
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 slice Lemon
1 slice Lime

Shake all ingredients (except slices of lemon and lime) with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the slices of lemon and lime and serve.

Gin And Sin

1 1/2 ounces Gin
1 ounce Orange juice
1 ounce Lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Grenadine

In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine all of the ingredients. Shake well. Strain into a cocktail glass.

Polar Bear

1 part Vodka
1 part Lime juice
2 parts Seven-Up or Sprite

Take one part vodka into the glass, pour one part lime in the same glass. Then you take two parts of Seven-Up or Sprite. Mix this together with a straw or something like that. Ice is recommended.

Polynesian Cocktail

1 1/2 ounces Vodka
3/4 ounce Cherry brandy
Juice of 1 lime
Powdered sugar

Rub rim of cocktail glass with lime and dip into powdered sugar. Shake vodka, cherry brandy, and juice of lime with ice, strain into the sugar-rimmed glass, and serve.

Poop Deck Cocktail

1 ounce Brandy
1 tablespoon Blackberry brandy
1 ounce Port wine

Shake all ingredients with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve.

Rum Cooler

2 ounces Dark or light rum
4 ounces Lemon-lime soda
1 Lemon wedge

Pour the rum and soda into a highball glass almost filled with ice cubes. Stir well and garnish with the lemon wedge.

Tequila Matador

1 1/2 ounces Tequila
3 ounces Pineapple juice
Juice of 1/2 lime

Shake all ingredients with ice, strain into a champagne flute, and serve.

Zombie

1 ounce Light rum
1/2 ounce Creme de almond
1 1/2 ounces Sweet and sour mix
1/2 ounce Triple sec
1 1/2 ounces Orange juice
1/2 ounce 151-proof rum
1 Cherry optional

Shake all ingredients (except 151-proof rum) with ice and strain into a collins glass over ice cubes. Float the 151-proof rum on top, add a cherry (if desired), and serve.

Kamikaze

1 ounce Vodka
1 ounce Triple sec
1 ounce Lime juice

Shake all ingredients with ice, strain into an old-fashioned glass over ice cubes, and serve.

Applebee's Kahlua Mudslide

1/2 ounce Kahlua
1/2 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream
1/2 ounce vodka
1 ounce milk

Pour ingredients over ice and stir.

"DIRTY" GIRL SCOUT COOKIE

1 oz Kahlua
1 oz Irish Cream
1 oz Creme de Menthe

Stir; enjoy.

BERRY PEACH SANGRIA

750 milliliters dry red table wine, such as a Burgundy (about 3 cups)
1/2 cup orange juice, or juice of 2 large oranges
1/3 cup lemon juice, or juice of one large lemon
1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons brandy (optional)
1 cup raspberries, blackberries, fresh or frozen
2 peaches, quartered and sliced
12 ounces club soda
OR
12 ounces sparking mineral water (1 1/2 cups)
Ice

In a punch bowl or 2 1/2 quart pitcher, stir together first 5 ingredients. When sugar is dissolved, add berries and refrigerate 2-3 hours to allow flavors to mingle. About 1 hour before serving, add peaches. Add soda/mineral water to sangria just before serving. Pour into glasses filled with ice. Garnish with berries and fruit slices.

4-6 Servings

Sparkling Berry Champagne

1 750 milliliter bottle chilled Champagne
1 cup red raspberry juice
1/4 cup black raspberry liqueur -- (such as Chambord)
Fresh or frozen whole raspberries for garnish
Fresh mint -- for garnish (optional)

Divide juice and liqueur evenly between 4 wine glasses. Fill glass with Champagne, adding 2-3 raspberries and sprig of fresh mint for garnish, if desired.

Yield:
"4 1/4 cups"

Bourbon Sling

1 teaspoon Superfine sugar
2 teaspoons Water
1 ounce Lemon juice
2 ounces Bourbon
1 Lemon twist

In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine the sugar, water, lemon juice, and bourbon. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass. Garnish with the lemon twist.

Pina Colada

3 ounces Light rum
3 tablespoon Coconut milk
3 tablespoon Crushed pineapple

Put all ingredients into an electric blender with 2 cups of crushed ice. Blend at a high speed for a short length of time. Strain into a collins glass and serve with a straw.

Red lobsters' Bahama Mama drink

1/4 c. Sweet & sour mix
1 c. orange juice
1/4 c. pina-colada mix
touch of grenadine

My favorites are Carmel Apple

1 oz butterscotch snapps
1 oz of sour apple snapps

Another favorite is Liquid Bubble gum
1 oz of vodka
4 oz sprite or 7-up
1 oz peach snapps

Margarita either frozen or on the rocks with a salted rim glass. I prefer to use a good tequilla like Jose Quravo(sp?) Gold with a premixed margarita mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Around the holidays I like to have mirmosas. They are easy to easy to make with just orange juice and champange. Also you can change and not put champagne. You can add vodka with the orange juice and have a screw driver.

There is another drink that I enjoy. It is the candy Cane Martini

1 1/2 oz. vodka
1 tsp. peppermint schnapps
1 oz. Schweppes ® Club Soda

You shake it over ice and then drain it into a martini glass.

A simple Gin and tonic is enough for me
2 oz gin
5 oz tonic water
1 lime wedge

and four seasons (I'll have to find my recipe)

I think you meah Kahlua?

I'm not a big Kahlua fan but I don't like anything tasting of coffee, so that's probably why. My husband loves it though.

I don't have any recipes to share really; I'm more of a wine girl but when I do mix drinks it's something simple like rum and coke or Amaretto sour.

This isn't mixed drink related, but I've been adding DaVinci Kahlua flavored syrup to my home ground Starbucks House Blend Coffee. I know it seems odd to add coffee flavor to coffee, but it's amazing how nice it tastes. I only add about 1 tsp and the bottle says to add 2 or 3 tsps.

I'm usually more of a wine person, if anything...but occasionally I like a good mixed drink.

We tend to have stuff for white russians and/or colorado bulldogs most often. On the rare occasion I'm out, I like an amaretto sour or a black cheery kool-aid (a house specialty at a place called Eskimo Joe's - I haven't found anywhere else that makes them and EJ's is pretty secretive about the recipe)

I got to thinking and last February I went to a housewarming party where the host made frozen tiramsu (sp?) drinks. I could only have a little sip since I was a new mommy and was nursing, but it was WONDERFUL! The hosts of that party are coming to our birthday party next weekend and already agreed to play bartender after the kids leave/go to bed. I can't wait! :)

I got to thinking and last February I went to a housewarming party where the host made frozen tiramsu (sp?) drinks. I could only have a little sip since I was a new mommy and was nursing, but it was WONDERFUL! The hosts of that party are coming to our birthday party next weekend and already agreed to play bartender after the kids leave/go to bed. I can't wait! :)

That sounds really good. I can't remember the last time I had a mixed drink. It has been awhile. I am going to a work party next week so I might have to see if the bartender knows what a frozen tiramsu is.

Back