What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dream vacation

M

mtmomj

If you could go anywhere, money not an object, where would you go?

I love the beach so I would want to go to the beach.

Fiji looks like it would be great!

I'd like to go to the Dominican Republic. Their beaches look so pretty.

Learning to surf. Surfing looks cool, i nearly stood on the board once but i had already hit the sand haha

We've had some wonderful times in Greece so, I wouldn't mind going back there again. Paris is romantic ( or would have been if he hadn't had our 13 year old fussy crabapple teenager along for the ride)... The Bahamas... Mexico... oh just send me anywhere warm and sunny.

Turkey, especially Istanbul. With some side trips to Croatia, Greece, and some other Middle Eastern countries.

I think we all need to buy one of those "round the world" tickets.

Back from Turkey

Turkey, especially Istanbul. With some side trips to Croatia, Greece, and some other Middle Eastern countries.
Dear Raquelita,

We just got back from Turkey yesterday and it was wonderful!!!! So much to see and do---you can't do it in a week which is what we had. Spent the first 3 nights near Antoylia which is on the southern coast at a beachside resort------we were the only Americans---the rest were Germans and Dutch-----all were fascinated by the "Texans" speaking English. Then we spent 4 nights in Istanbul in the Sultanahmet area where all the tourist sites are-----our hotel was seedy at best and we had to fight to have the a/c put on------they finally gave up and let it stay on but it was not without a fight. I would not recommend this place to anyone though the rooftop view was fantastic. So, if and when you do go, I'll be happy to make recommendations!:p

I've never really wanted to go somewhere for a vacation... My perfect vacation would be having hubby stay home with us all day so I can sleep in & do what I want without having to worry about kids underfoot & wanting Mommy all day. *sigh* I love my girls, but sometimes, they drive me absolutely crazy. Speaking of which, here comes the baby wanting me.

Right now I just want my husband to start feeling better and get this disease under control that alone would be a great vacation for me.

I bet it would be barbiedoll. I know when my hubby doesn't feel good, even with just a plain ol' cold, he's worse than a baby. I know that what you & your family is going through is worse than a cold. I just hope that he gets better soon, and know that I'll keep you guys in my thoughts & prayers.

I bet it would be barbiedoll. I know when my hubby doesn't feel good, even with just a plain ol' cold, he's worse than a baby. I know that what you & your family is going through is worse than a cold. I just hope that he gets better soon, and know that I'll keep you guys in my thoughts & prayers.

Thankyou so much we really need all the prayers that we can get. Thanks so much.

Thankyou so much we really need all the prayers that we can get. Thanks so much.
Dear Barbiedoll1973

My heartfelt prayers go with you-------you've got a double whammy to deal with. Please let us know how things go and sincere best wishes.

I would LOVE to go to Hawaii! I've never been there & I've heard it's very lovely from people that I know that have been there. I'm jealous. LOL So that's probably where I'd go. I would also like to go to Germany or the British Isles. I want to go there because that's where my ancestry is from.

My brother & his fiance are thinking about moving to Hawaii. He's got an offer to transfer there with the company he's working for. They're not sure if they are gonna do it though because everything there is so much more than here. Even with the pay raise he'll be getting, they'll only be breaking even because of the price differences down there.

Back