What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sesame Chicken

B

ButterSticks

The restaurant version of this dish is loaded with fat, thanks to deep frying. Here the chicken is coated with flour and then pan-seared it to lighten it up.

Ingredients
2 Tbsp sesame seeds, raw
1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp dry sherry
1 tsp ginger root, fresh, minced
1/2 tsp five-spice powder
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch strips
2 tsp peanut oil

Instructions
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds and cook until lightly toasted, shaking pan frequently, about 2 to 3 minutes; transfer seeds to a shallow dish and set aside.
Whisk water, soy sauce, maple syrup, sherry, ginger and five-spice powder together in a small bowl; set aside.
Combine flour, salt and pepper together in a shallow dish; add chicken and turn to coat. Shake chicken pieces to remove excess flour.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture to chicken and cook until sauce thickens and is almost evaporated, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
Dip chicken pieces in toasted sesame seeds and serve, drizzled with any additional soy sauce mixture. Yields about 4 strips per serving.

when i have time i am absoultely making this! It sounds SO good!

This is a great way to lighten sesame chicken. I have ordered it in restaurants before but it is so greasy, I hesitate to eat it very much. This is a good alteration on a good classic dish.

Maybe you should submit this to Cooking Light magazine!

Back