What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple-Raspberry Stuffed French Toast

B

ButterSticks

Ingredients

1 cup canned fruit pie filling, apple, chopped
1/3 cup sweetened frozen red raspberries, thawed
8 slice raisin bread, or cinnamon raisin bread
1/4 cup regular egg substitute
1/4 cup fat-free skim milk
1/3 tsp vanilla extract, or maple extract
1 Tbsp margarine
1 Tbsp powdered sugar
2 Tbsp reduced-calorie pancake syrup

Instructions
Combine apple filling and raspberries. Arrange 4 slices of bread on a flat surface. Top each with about 1/3 cup fruit filling. Cover with remaining bread slices.
Combine egg substitute, milk and extract in a bowl.
Heat margarine in a large skillet.
Dip each sandwich into egg mixture; place in skillet. Cook on medium until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Sprinkle each with 1/4 tablespoon powdered sugar and then drizzle each with 1 1/2 teaspoons syrup. Serve.

Do you have the nutrional info on this one? Looks like it may be slightly healthy :)

I bet if you used low-sugar pie filling it would be a bit more healthy too :). And I would be interested to compare how it would taste with the raisin bread vs. something like Challah (which makes awesome french toast).

I make french toast all the time, apple raspberry filling seems like fun. I may try it, although I don't have anything of the sort at the moment.

Back