What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Russian Cake

B

ButterSticks

1 yellow cake mix (not pudding type)
1 6 oz. chocolate instant pudding
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
1/4 cup vodka
4 TBSP kahlua
3/4 cups water

Grease and flour bundt or tube pan. Combine cake mix, pudding, sugar, oil and eggs. Blend well, add vodka, kahlua and water. Beat 4 minutes, medium speed. Bake 55 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool 10 minutes.

Glaze

1 cup powdered sugar
6 TBSP kahlua

Combine and mix until smooth. Invert cake over plate. Lightly poke holes in the cake w/ a fork. Pour glaze over the cake and continue spreading as it melts. Try to coat most of the cake, as the glaze keeps it moist.
Cool sprinkle w/ powdered sugar to decorate. This cake is actually better the next day or two.

Can you use Dundt cake recipes in regular cake pans ? I have never done it and this recipes sound so good..I thought they make a nice dessert or b-day cake !!

I use bundt pans whenever I want - no problem at all - just watch your cooking time - remember - it's done when it's done.

Back