What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leek and Potato stir /fry

C

CURRY

cLeek and Potato subzi (stir/fry)
-------------------------------
2 strands of leek chopped
2 potatoes cut into pieces
1 onion chopped
1 tbs cumin seed
1/2 tbs turmeric powder
1/2 tbs red pepper powder
1 tbs salt or as desired.
2 tbs canola oil
Method
--------
first heat oil in saucepan, now add cumin seed, let it pop up properly.
now add onions fry it for 2-3 mints till it becomes translusent.
now add turmeric powder,salt,red pepper powder.
add potatoes and leeks fry it for 5 mints.
cover and cook at low-med.
after 10 mints or so , check if its done,(if potatoes can be easily mashed by any spatula) the stir/fry is done .
sprinkle with chopped cilantro.

Last edited:
What type of flavor do leaks have? Are they fairly bland like a potatoe? I've heard they're a pain to clean.

AS for the flavor is concerned am not sure how to put in words but leeks are somewhat like green onions ,they r not bitter nor much sweet, yes its sometimes pain to clean it , cuz the soil particles r embedded into each layer of leaves of leek.
I generally cut leeks and wash throughly in water for 2-3 times. hope it helps u better.
and also leeks /onions belong to same group of familly, so kind of similar in flavor.

Last edited:
The description of the leek as similar in flavor to a green onion is helpful. I have heard that to make washing them easier you can submerge the halved section sin a bowl of water and the dirt will sink down to the bottom.

Back