What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Cookbooks?

R

Raquelita

I love hearing about which cookbooks people enjoy using as it helps me broaden my recipe index.

Here are my favorites:
Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals 2
The Cake Mix Doctor
William Sonoma Classics (*love* the photography of the recipes, makes me drool :))

My favorite cookbook is a magazine - Sunset Magazine. It's chock full of new and interesting recipes every month. We've subscribed for years and have many favorite recipes out of that magazine. If you're a subscriber, you can search for recipes on their web site so you don't need to remember what issue the recipe was in.

They publish lots of cookbooks too.

MaryMargaret McBride from the 1950's - it's loaded with everything!

My WarEra Pie Book - chock full of pies and crusts from years ago.

My Depression Era collection.

My Culinary Instutite Collections.

The Joy of Cooking.

but I have a collection of over 1000 different books from all over.

I probably use my Cooking Light cookbooks more than anything.

I also love one that I got at a cooking class one time, "The Kitchen Diva" by Claudine Destino. It's got a lot of Southern classics that are updated and so they are hip and fun.

I like the Cooking Light ones as well, and I also have a really good dessert cookbook called "American Desserts." Everything in it is so classic. They have things like vinegar pie, that you would never think to make but which people used to make all the time.

I like the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. It has good information about subsititions and other cooking basics. It also has so many different types of recipes with lots of pictures. I have lost mine and Have to get a nother one. I think I will get it off of amazon

My local bulk store passes out cook books on special occasions with some really great recipes; most of the ones I posted are from those books.

I love my Joy of Cooking book, it has everything you could think to make in it. It is very detailed and has tons of general information about cooking; such as a diagram of the cuts of beef. The only down side is that the recipes sometimes start with growing the wheat to make whole wheat bread.

I have this wonderful barbecue cookbook titled The All-American Barbecue Cookbook by Davis & Stein. It's a few years old, but is filled with lots of main and side dish recipes for outdoor cooking. There is an absolutely to die for grilled beef recipe in the book made with a mop sauce of sesame oil and soy sauce.

Would highly recommend this as a grillers guide.

The classic Better Homes & Gardens is the ultimate cookbook.

I have a ton of them that I have collected from all over, but this is my fave.

Back