What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What ingredients do you eat straight from the package/can?

R

Raquelita

I'm sure we all have certain foods that get eaten straight from the package. So spill it! Which ones are they in your house?

Here we eat cereal by the handful as a snack. And are also known to eat dry cake mix with a spoon ;).

my kids prefer cold hotdogs (not raw ones, though) and cold spaghettios

pickles. I have been known to stand in front of the open door of the fridge eating pickle spears right out of the jar, and I can't even claim pregnancy as an excuse for it, either.

and there were a few isolated cookie dough incidents, as well.

there were a few isolated cookie dough incidents, as well.
I've had a few of those myself ;). When they're pre-shaped too it makes it even easier to pop one or two in your mouth. And i've been known to eat pillsbury refrigerated rolls/biscuits from the package too.

Pickles, olives, cookie dough ;) :p

I have never tried dry cake mix! I've never thought about it. Thats gonna be next on the list. I used to do that with Nesquik powder for chocolate milk. Speaking of.. when I was younger I used to pour it over top of my ice cream.. oh that was so good!

haha we used to eat powder flavouring for milk out of the can. once when i was small, i would eat sugar out of the big bags >.> i was crazy

Uncooked hotdogs, pickles, cereal, spaghettios from the can, sugar, etc. - sounds like it's normal.............I'm bad with frozen orange juice - undiluted - fresh from the freezer with a spoon - and you can tell when I do - I get an acid break out of red dots all over my eyes and lids...................telltale signs - but I still do it - potent popsicles ifyou ask me.................

droolling at the sound of the frozen orange juice popsicles... no, really! I am!

LOL Mama Mangia -- you best knock that off! LOL

I have the same problem as most of you seem to have. Cookie dough, pickles, olives, cereal. I TRY to keep fruits like strawberries & grapes and veggies like celery & carrots in the fridge so that when I'm looking for a handful of something I can grab these.... but somehow they always get shoved to the back..... behind the cookie dough ;)

OH! I just remembered something that I would eat like crazy!!!

Iced tea and Kool-Aid mix!! Anyone else guilty? ;)

Olives. I like the pitted California Jumbos. Don't eat them too much since they have a lot of oil and fat in them.

That's about all I can think of.

I had a friend that would eat cold okra from a can. I can eat okra in gumbo, but it's a little slimey cold out of the can for me. It's a good high fiber food, so if you can do it, it's good for you.

I can't think of a thing that I eat straight out of a can. I eat pickles and pickled beets that way, but that's the expected way to eat them.

Smoked Herring. I used to buy King Oscars brand, but Trader Joes has a better brand that tastes better and has less oil. One can is more then enough for two people, so I split the tin with my husband. I've only had the plain smoked herring in a tin, but I've seen it canned with mustard too.

This is a good canned food to take on a hike, or camping. I eat them as a snack too.

Yesterday I ate come cookie dough out of the package (bought because it was 1C with the coupon we had) but it didn't taste very cook uncooked. :eek:

Cereals, sardines, tuna, and of course straight from the package dried mango! hehe

Cheese! I'm so bad about snacking on the shredded cheese while I cook with it.

Cheese! I'm so bad about snacking on the shredded cheese while I cook with it.
Oh I forgot about that...... *raises her hand* Guilty!!!

Mtmomj -- hey -- buy you some pixie sticks. LOL Same thing as kool-aid but with sugar. Then you don't have to feel guilty. ;)

I usually eat shredded cheese straight out of the bag... I don't even have to be using it for dinner or something. I've been known to open the fridge just to grab a pinch of it. I also do the cookie dough and cereal things. When I get a craving for pickles, I'll eat those standing in front of the open fridge. I eat cold hotdogs, fresh from the package (it grosses my friend out so I don't do it around her much) & I'll do that with lunchmeat. I'm real bad about making hubby's lunch in the morning & stealing a piece or two of his lunchmeat while putting the sandwiches together. LOL.

I used to eat the Nesquik powder too. I've never tried dry cake mix, I prefer to get it all mixed up, then sit down with a spoon and eat it from the bowl instead of baking the cake like hubby wants.

Oh my gosh! I'm so guilty of eating the shredded cheese before I can even get it into what I'm cooking.

One of my other snack items is semi-sweet chocolate. I always eat those by the handful. :p

And the other biggie, is nuts. I love nuts--raw or toasted. Doesn't matter. The fresher, the better. :p

I have been known to eat canned mushrooms straight out of the can when I am cooking with them. I am also guilty of eating some of the chocolate chips when I make cookies.

Back