What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favourite books?

M

Manga

Mine are probably any from Mathew Reily

Ice Station,Area 7, ScareCrow (Schofield Series)
Temple, 7 ancient wonders

Stephen King is my favorite writer. He has some crazy and creative ideas. I still really loved pet cemetary. :eek: I really liked the Da Vinci code, not saying I believe in it, but I liked it. I like to read newer books about the war. I also like reading about prophecies. Anything with some mystery to it or scary books. :)

Right now... James Patterson. My husband buys me each new one as soon as it's released.

I'm also re-reading all the OZ books

and Victoria Holt is also a favorite.

Stephen King is my favorite writer. He has some crazy and creative ideas. I still really loved pet cemetary. :eek: I really liked the Da Vinci code, not saying I believe in it, but I liked it. I like to read newer books about the war. I also like reading about prophecies. Anything with some mystery to it or scary books. :)

My husband really likes Stephen King he trys to but every book that he has. There is a few others that he likes also but can't think of there names right off.

I like Stephen King too. If you guys like him, you should try Dean Koontz & (oh, I just had his name, now I can't think of it, I'll fix this when I remember).

I also like the Anita Blake & Merry Gentry books by Laurell K. Hamilton. They're about werewolves & vampires (Anita Blake) and faeries (Merry Gentry). I've read a couple of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, they were pretty good. Have ya'll noticed a theme yet???

I like legal thrillers, and mystery/suspense books.

I read a lot of John Grisham and Terri Blackstock.

I read just about anything. But my favorites would have to be Nora Roberts and Sue Grafton.

Okay, I have to admit something....... I read Harry Potter. I don't mean to my kids. I will sit down & read the books for my own pleasure. Of course, my older daughter loves to hear me read them because I can take on a British accent. (Too much BBC in college, but there were some good shows on.)

I just finished The Kite Runner, which is the most inspiring and amazing story of a boy growing up in Afganistan during the 1960's and early 1970's, and then the turmoil that has happened to that country since, and more. Recommended by me. I sure hope we stick by the Afgans this time and don't forget about them like in the past.

That's sad shabs. Books are wonderful.
They can take you to places you've never been, introduce
you to people and things that you'll never meet for real and give
you a nice break from reality.

Books have always been my "drug" of choice.

I have lots of favorite authors. I like all kinds of books. I like Mark Twain. LOL Elizabeth Haydon & Kate Elliot are a couple more of my favorites.

I am a huge reader so my favorite authors are many. However, I would have to say I will pick up a Fern Michael, Patricia Cornwell and Nicholas Sparks book up before anything.

However, I just read this book called The MemoryKeepers Daughter by Kim Edwards. It was really good. Has anyone read anything else by her.

Back